Leerwerker

Totally Fun Project

Wow, this is just very much fun! No rules! No pre-planning - it just evolves .... I am talking about the stamping you can see on the photographs.

The project as a whole is very well planned - in my head over many dreams ... it will be a very practical item I am making for myself.

IMG_5811.JPG

IMG_5815.JPG

IMG_5816.JPG

IMG_5823.JPG

post-6312-1226792675_thumb.jpg

post-6312-1226792688_thumb.jpg

post-6312-1226792697_thumb.jpg

post-6312-1226792718_thumb.jpg

Here is another part of the same project - don't quite know why I did not do this part last?

IMG_5755.JPG

IMG_5757.JPG

post-6312-1226812466_thumb.jpg

post-6312-1226812477_thumb.jpg

Looks to be the guts of a leather tool pouch. It's too square-ish to be a briefcase.

As for the stamping design......put down the tools, step away from the LSD, it will be alright.

Actually, I kinda like the free form flow of it.

I think you're making a footrest or Ottoman. Kind of like some I've seen in Egypt and I would imagine...in Turkey.

Edited by SStewart

i dont know what its going to be, but i love the free design that you have stamped...very nice flow to it.

Looks like maybe a file folder. Nice use of several stamping tools to create a a cool design! Alan

Case/bag for quilter's supplies.

:red_bandana::red_bandana::red_bandana:

Hey there, Leer.. Great imagination..

I'm wayyy new here, but I'm wondering if you could explain/describe what tools you used to achieve the

""constricting"" (?) basketweave I see in the bottom right hand corner????

PLEASE...............

Thanks, Toot

I'm wayyy new here, but I'm wondering if you could explain/describe what tools you used to achieve the

PLEASE...............

Thanks, Toot

Looks like three different sizes of basketweave tools to me. I'm sure Leerworker will correct me if I'm wrong.

No clue, but the stampin' looks spiffy!

PLEASE...............

Thanks, Toot

Hi Toot,

The tool is an off-the-shelf Craftool 6511-00 You start in the very corner with very closely spaced impressions and then move them further away as you go further from the center of the circle. Here is a close up

IMG_5823_2.JPG

post-6312-1228193456_thumb.jpg

Now I have the second side stamped, this time completely symmetrical, whole project covered in X-1 dressing and the brass domed rivets put on what will be the bottom a 'legs' for the bag to stand on so that the bare leather will be somewhat protected ...

IMG_5844.JPG

IMG_5845.JPG

IMG_5846.JPG

post-6312-1228195097_thumb.jpg

post-6312-1228195110_thumb.jpg

post-6312-1228195123_thumb.jpg

Lookin good I stand by my guess that it is a case to hold quilting supplies.

:cowgirl::cowgirl::cowgirl:

I love your posts, and your designs, Johan. Both are very imaginative. Can't wait to see the results.

Kate

Magazine rack/holder??

Come one... enough with the tease... you havent posted back in a few days... LOL

Love the free flow, and the symmetrical side.... bottom part looks to be able 2 foot by 1 foot... you making a suit case?

Well, Now the handles are attached to the bag - yes it is a bag I am designing as I proceed (I had the basic idea when I started). Quilting supplies? NO, not when I am using it ... but it is an all purpose carry bag that will have interchangeable interiors. If I want to carry my braiding supplies, I will just lift out the personal compartments and insert the braiding box! And Whatever else I may find a need for ...

I used the new braided cord to stitch the handles and thought the lighter color will give a nice contrast, but it looks a bit like dirty white thread to me now. So The rest of the bag will be stitched with a nice red brown thread in the same threads. Tandy really has a winner with these waxed braided threads.

IMG_5860.JPG

IMG_5861.JPG

post-6312-1228966456_thumb.jpg

post-6312-1228966467_thumb.jpg

I was thinking it was going to be a case for a traveling stamping master. A music man of lederkraft, the Johnny Appleseed of dreams on skin. I saw you traveling the world and leaving a wake of starry eyed new leather workers taking up the craft.

:-)

Really REALLY nice work.

It's going to be a portfolio for an artist.(Large watercolor/pen&ink, etc)

I was thinking it was going to be a case for a traveling stamping master. A music man of lederkraft, the Johnny Appleseed of dreams on skin. I saw you traveling the world and leaving a wake of starry eyed new leather workers taking up the craft.

I see we have at least one entrant for the 2008 Leatherworker.net prize for literature...

A hugely extravagant turn of phrase, John, but very welcome nonetheless. Forget the leatherwork - you ought to be a writer!

LOL

Now That is ART! :thumbsup: