AEMcClain

Constructive Criticism Needed

Ok, so here is my G19 avenger holster. Does anyone have any advise on how to make it better?

post-58311-0-97614700-1428276093_thumb.jpost-58311-0-82429300-1428276115_thumb.jpost-58311-0-53074400-1428276134_thumb.j

The only major issue I see is that you have corners. Try to round them at least a little (I go for 1/8" radius). This is because at a corner, you'll have a little bit of leather that is further away from any stitch -the point of the corner- and it is less supported by the stitches. Corners will more easily catch on clothing, or anything else, and can become 'dog eared'...which looks horrible. They also interfere with the 'flow' of the piece....everything else is done with radii or sweeping lines.

Another thing I see --which may just be camera angle-- is that it appears that there is a little slack at the bottom of the trigger guard. Eliminate that as much as you can so that the pistol is held securely.

Looks purdy good over all. Pros (if I can say that in public) are the blue --- good height, sweat shield, formed sight channel, plenty of room under the grip to GET a grip. Stitchin' looks consistent (pic a bit blurry, but looks promising). Not everyone does, but I happen to LIKE contrasting stitchin'.

Only thing I would likely upgrade is the 'meat' you left around the rear slot. Not much there - and keep in mind that portion is going to 'come around' under tension. I would personally widen the yellow arrow areas a bit. Otherwise, lookin purdy solid.

post-13153-0-57906300-1428286525_thumb.j

Thanks fellas, this is just the help I was needing.

This may fall under personal preference, but I would round the corner that is above the rear loop. Right angles tend to fray eventually. Otherwise, it looks good!

The holster looks good. Now lets talk about taking pictures...........

The holster looks good. Now lets talk about taking pictures...........

lol I know. The little lady is the photographer in the family I just get by with grainy cell phone pictures most of the time. I did build a light box this evening. Now I just have to convince her to let me play with her camera. I'm pretty sure she likes that camera more than me, so it may be an up hill fight.

Looks nice. I apologize that I am at work and didn't read all the replies, but the only thing I see that would benefit both holster and gun is to use something for a sight channel. I cut up one of my wife's plastic coat hangars (different lengths based on the barrel length - end of barrel to back of ejection port) and tape it on with painter's tape. Everyone has their own way/idea on what works best, but this has served me pretty well. I notch one end for the sight and taper back the other end so that it isn't real abrupt where it ends at the rear of the ejection port. Put the sight in the hole you created and tape around the gun/plastic piece. I also wrap the gun whether it is a dummy or the real thing (habit I guess). This not only makes it matter less which dummy gun you get in regards to the blue coming off inside the holster, but it also helps to maitain the channel line that you want for whatever gun/style holster you are using. Above all, unless you have a really large front sight (haven't found one yet), your front sight will never tought the leather.