Otto6294

Ruger Vaquero Holster And Belt

The belt and holster is really beautiful!

Unfortunately, Hungary is not permitted to use such weapons. I would like to make these holsters, but we do not do that, because no one uses this style ...

But I have this style patterns! :spoton:

Nice work Otto! neatsfoot oil and use will stop the squeaks but also darken and soften the leather. Put on a light to medium coat and let it soak in then wear it around, repeat if you like but you can overdo it. The oil and sunlight will darken the leather and may even out the different shades of brown. If you put a top coat or sealer on it the oil may not be able to penetrate through, if it won't then time will still do the trick it'll just take more of it.

Again, really nice work!

All the best, Josh

Am I both impressed and embarassed. Fine work. I also favor Rugers and made a buscadero type holster set for my .45 acp/.45 lc. Not nearly as good as yours and I have more experience.....sigh.

Hello from a fellow elem/middle school teacher from around the same neck of the woods!!

AWESOME WORK!! I absolutely love your double rig!!

Jp

The wife grew up in Arkansas, although we are both from the Great State of Tennessee.

I am a little sad every time I take a life, but I use every bit of the animal I can. My wife and daughters love venison, The local game warden has tanned a few hides for me. My Dad turns 76 in May and we have bow hunted every year since 1981. I'll not argue with anyone about this, but to an animal rights activist, this sight is indeed a photo gallery of all things killed.

Otto

Yes, Otto, death is sad, but it is a part of life, and a part of what we do as leather workers. Our own time will come and our hides aren't worth tanning like the animals we we work with.

Otto, that is one spectacular rig. Your art skills definitely shine through.

To comment on the hunting pic. I fall on the side of "don't care". It's an "action shot" of putting your leather to work. Do I want a whole thread filled with them, nope. To each his own I guess.