ArtS

Home Made Belt Guide

I have one of the roller type belt guide but I found that when I was real close to the edge it would sometimes kinda push the leather away. I thought about it and made this guide for my sewing machine. I bought some aluminum from Home Depot and made a new plate. The guides on the outside are adjustable. It's kinda rough looking but works. The scrapes and scratches are from bending it into shape.

I also attached a picture of the new LED light from Artisan.

Art

BG1.jpg

BG2.jpg

BG3.jpg

BG4.jpg

BG5.jpg

NL1.jpg

post-195-1227498208_thumb.jpg

post-195-1227498225_thumb.jpg

post-195-1227498241_thumb.jpg

post-195-1227498252_thumb.jpg

post-195-1227498261_thumb.jpg

post-195-1227498271_thumb.jpg

Terrific idea Art! Who cares if it looks banged up as long as it gets the job done. I have been thinking about making one like that myself. Weaver has an add-on to their Adler machine which is similar. It looks slick and has a pretty high price but it performs the same function. Too bad it doesn't fit our machines.

How did you curve out the center section?

:You_Rock_Emoticon::You_Rock_Emoticon::You_Rock_Emoticon:

WOW that looks professional Art! No doubt that is going to make stitching the edges faster & more professional looking. Invention is the mother of necessity! Way to go, Alan

Terrific idea Art! Who cares if it looks banged up as long as it gets the job done. I have been thinking about making one like that myself. Weaver has an add-on to their Adler machine which is similar. It looks slick and has a pretty high price but it performs the same function. Too bad it doesn't fit our machines.

How did you curve out the center section?

:You_Rock_Emoticon::You_Rock_Emoticon::You_Rock_Emoticon:

The curve was the first thing I did after cutting the piece to size. You could use a pipe but I used an old round hammer head that looks like a piece of solid pipe. I clamped it halfway in my bench vise and took a hammer and went to work. I just kinda formed it over it. It's a lot easier with aluminum than steel and that is why I bought aluminum. LOL It's still plenty thick enough that it's good and solid. I would shape it then take it over to my machine and see how it fit. Just kept adjusting it.

Art