Robin Wood

A Newbies Flip Flops

A little bit about me: I'm quite new to working with leather although I've been sewing my own clothes for several years now. As I've learned more and more about how to make clothes that really fit me, I've always been a bit sad that I still had to buy shoes...

So I never tired of telling people that "one day" I would love to get my hands on an Adler - and finally it happend :) Took me some time to figure out how it worked (it's an Adler 30-10 shoe patcher), but lately I finished my first project with it: a simple pair of flip flops

post-62862-0-03493900-1432932451_thumb.j

Alas, the edges didn't turn out quite the way I wanted them to look - so I started reading about working with leather and watching clips on youtube, and more than once my search led my directly here. As I saw more and more of the beautiful things one can do with leather, I decided to get a bit deeper into the matter. The dream would be to one day make shoes just exactly the way I want them to look and feel - it's going to be a long and rocky path, then again I love learning new stuff.

Right now, I'm waiting for some basic tools to arrive and then I'd like to start with some simple stuff to get a better feel for the material. So I thought it'd be great to have a place to ask for help when I get stuck :)

Sorry for any mistakes, English is not my mother tongue.

Your English is just fine and the flip flops are awesome. Great job!

Beautiful Job Robin. Cheryl