Constabulary

Singer 45K Accessories

If one of you is looking for some 45K accessories check this Ebay seller in Germany:

http://www.ebay.de/itm/sattlernahmaschine-Originalzubehorteile-fur-die-Singer-45K-Zubehorteile-/261916453852?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_77&hash=item3cfb6febdc

But before you place an intl. bid contact him first.

I have no use for the parts so I thought they could be usefull for someone else.

Dear Constabulary

This was thoughtful of you.

It is interesting. If it's possible, my german is more poor than my English.

Two questions about the advertising. To your experience, is this a fair price, is it a low price.

"Jetzt oder nie" does it mean, the only way of payment is the NORISBANK or no bank att all.

The advertising say something about "Barzahlung bei Abholung" I guess it means cash when I picking it up. And "Überweisung" means he accepted money transferring. I only have VISA via my bank. Is VISA normally accepted in Germany by eBay people ?

You mention to "contact the seller before". When you consider to purchase such or similar items, from seller on eBay. What would be relevant to ask before buying ?

If German was my mother tongue, of course his way of speech in reply will sometimes indicate something of the man. But using Google translater tells me nothing.

Edited by hyttogpine

The Norisbank is just an advertisement link for a credit "Jetzt oder nie" is part of the advertisement - this has nothing to do with the seller. He accepts bank transfer. But since Norway is not in the EU I can´t tell you how it is working. Usually inside the EU you send the payment by Banktransfer with IBAN + BIC and that takes just 1 or 2 days.

The prices are very okay considering that the parts are no longer made and you are buying original Singer accessories. Usually a single presser feet from China is about 40€ and thats just the plain left toe foot.

I wouldn´t ask him anything because I know the parts he is seelling. You of course have to decide if you can use the parts or not. You should ask him if he accepts bids from outside Germany and if he will ship internationally. Just try it in English.

Thanks Constabulaty

I have ealier send money til Europan country and then through my bank use SWIFT & IBAN code. But to be safe I better send him a eMail.

If I require this item (binder attachments ?) I don`t now - buy imagine this will be good in making straight stitch-line, near to an egde.

Any idea the purpose for the item in the middle ?

$_57.JPG

In the drawer of the 45K25, I found something looking like a binder attachment. But I can`t with my best imagination figure out, fore what purpose it is meant.

apendix

the one in the middle in post #4 actually is an edge binder. Adler used the same accessories for their Class 4 +5. I have attached some pics from the manual - but please don´t ask for a translation.

Your item looks more like a flip away edge guide but I´m not sure.

post-31854-0-10284600-1433657180_thumb.j

post-31854-0-67502300-1433657184_thumb.j

Yes that is your swing guide hyttogpine, it screws on the arm of your machine and you can swing it away when not in use. or you could use the fixed one (if you have one) which is a plate with 2 screws. i will try to get some pictures up later. have a look at the feet closely to see what they are for before buying, try to get the numbers. it looks like one is for oval traces?? that is the foot that is slanted?? it is not flat. will be back later and send some pictures. i must go...

Thanks . . . . . you are both my man.

Jimi, pictures from you would explain so much clearer, than my English dictionary (most of the technical word you fellows use to explained something about sawing/machines). Are listet in several dictionaries, but the translation point to complete "other departments".

You don't need to force ohter daily business.

I am still trying making more space, for restoring the 45K25, in old shelter. And eager to carry the baby upstairs and start.

I went in to problems to the Adler 48-10. It saw 20 - 40 stitch > the upper thread vent broken > more adjusting. The take up-level spring was broken and I think I've success bend and form it right. Before I realise I have the same problem as Evo160K, my thread was to old and weak, and now exchanged.

jimi & Constabulary. About the swing guide: Now the penny drops. I went to the sewing machine and find the hole for screwing. A brilliant idea and solution.

And as you mention, there was a second sewing guide :

post-61608-0-71489300-1433713050_thumb.j

swing guide or binder attachments. Is two different names on the same object ?

post-32832-0-76844200-1433713269_thumb.jpost-32832-0-97497200-1433713279_thumb.j

this is the swing guide hyttogpine, you might need the screw to fix it to the arm?? the feet in the picture are (i think) nº1 from left to right, for oval traces(slanted not flat),nº2 is for general leather work, nº3 is for sewing piping,nº4 is possibly this foot..post-32832-0-70497900-1433713539_thumb.j this is used for binding.. so that would be the foot to use with the middle guide in the sellers other picture.. the one constabulary sent a picture of from an adler. i say this because i have the same binder but one of the feet i have has a small right toe, and this gets in the way of the small arm that goes over to guide the leather. in the parts list, this is for binding as it has no right toe. material guides are useful accessories and feet to, so if i was you, and you dont have any of these parts, i would try and get them as cheap as possible. like folker said , they do not sell them any more and you do not know when you will find them again?? also i find the binder very difficult to work with, as there is no bottom guide, just the small arm on the top so the binding can slip. also this will leave marks on the bottom side of the binding?? (veg tan) i would think it should maybe be used with one row of teeth on the left side only, this would only mark the underside of the leather and not touch the binding?? just a thought?? i could be wrong.. but how many different feed dogs are available to us nowadays??? one!

Edited by jimi

Yes that is your swing guide hyttogpine, it screws on the arm of your machine

I didn't find the screw for montage. Is it a part you have in dubblett ?

Or do you know any identification. Perhaps in UNC or UNF and pitch of the screw ?

I begin to get a feeling of Singer, Phaff and Adler quite often use the same screws.

Do you have the oil box on your machine? if so it is the same thread as the one on your oil box. sorry no doubles, i also have a screw there that is not the same thread but is enough to hold it on. Nº is SS42 "oil box stud screw set screw"

Jimi,

I finally found my Singer special screws, nuts, rollers and studs book I bought from England may years ago. book. The SS# 42 screw is a screw about 1" long with a Philister head on it. The thread dia. and pitch is 15/64" x 28 TPI. Tap number is #548. Juki makes screws with that dia. and pitch. Hope that helps.

glenn

Very kind of you Glenn, maybe hyttogpine could find a juki one for his swing guide. could you tell me the name of the book you have glenn? that will be one on my list. regards jimi.

Jimi,

Juki screw # SS-7150940- SP would be a good number to replace the Singer SS42 screw with should you need one.

glenn

If you need new bits I can help as I have been sourcing new parts from all over the world.

http://stores.ebay.com.au/Able-Sewing/Singer-45K-/_i.html?_fsub=4575201015&_sid=47422815&_trksid=p4634.c0.m322