OLDNSLOW

Thin Double Layer Belt With Nylon Center For Support

Has anyone made one like this so that the leather belt is not overly thick yet has good support? And if so how were they glued together? As an example I was thinking about a 1.5 inch belt with the usual 8-9 ounce outer with maybe a 6-7 backing with the center being nylon webbing in very light weight of 1.25 thickness and double stitching. Please give your thoughts on this, I have read where kydex could crack, but the nylon will give good support yet feel like a normal double thick leather belt.

Thanks

OnS

Quite honestly, . . . I would characterize your idea as trying to repaint a rose to get a better color. Ya just don't mess with what has already been perfected.

The double layer leather belt works by itself, . . . does not need metal, nylon, mylar, kydex, or anything else to "fix" it.

Use the search button at the top right corner, . . . you'll find this has been beat up, beat down, and beat on enough times that your answer to all your questions is in there.

May God bless,

Dwight

I have used cotton webbing in dog collars as an experiment.

2 layers of 38mmx1.5mm dyed through shoulder with a narrower cotton strap in between.

Glued using contact cement. Worked great, no distortion.

That said if I had 3mm or thicker leather to use I would of just used that.

Thanks Redochre for your input, DWIGHT well have a nice day