OLDNSLOW

Consew 206Rb Motor Switch

I am having a consew shipped to me and to try and save money along with wanting to upgrade once I get it, I am not having the motor shipped to me as it is coming from Cali to Tennessee, but here is the question. Does the CLUTCH need to be shipped as well I called Toledo, but forgot to ask about the clutch, so if someone would be so kind to inform my dumb arse of this needed info I would be grateful.

Thanks

O n S

The clutch on a clutch motor is integrated into the motor, and you don't need it if upgrading to a Servo motor. You will still need a table, belt, foot pedals and linkages for the pedals.

OldNSlow;

Are you telling us that you bought just the machine head and nothing else? Why?

To use the machine will require the additional purchase (and shipping) of a 20"x48" industrial sewing machine table, with the proper cutouts for your machine, a pair of machine pivot clamps to tilt the machine back, a back stop plug, "k-legs" steel frame, floor speed pedal assembly and linkage to the motor, a motor, with blind bolts, rubber pads, wiring and a switch box, a v-belt long enough to go to the flywheel and have plenty of adjustment range, a knee lever assembly, a flex lamp, a thread stand assembly, bobbin winder assembly, and a drawer assembly. Oh yeah, extra needles, bobbins, oiler and thread.

When you are done buying these parts, please splain how you ended up saving money buying just the head.

Edited by Wizcrafts

no everything was bought together table and all the fixings that go along with it, sorry to disappoint you with the answer, and for not wording it correctly, does that clear things up for you now. If not it has the table, arms, levers, and what ever else it would normally come with!! I don't want to have the motor and clutch shipped if not needed, is that clear? Thanks for the input. Now you can rock your self to sleep listening to some hank Williams or something, dont forget your warm milk to make you feel all nice inside before beddy by :)!

no everything was bought together table and all the fixings that go along with it, sorry to disappoint you with the answer, and for not wording it correctly, does that clear things up for you now. If not it has the table, arms, levers, and what ever else it would normally come with!! I don't want to have the motor and clutch shipped if not needed, is that clear? Thanks for the input. Now you can rock your self to sleep listening to some hank Williams or something, dont forget your warm milk to make you feel all nice inside before beddy by :)!

Forget the warm milk; I'll have an MGD and some Hank Jr. ;-)

I misunderstood what you had purchased. If all you need is the motor and belt, a servo motor, like the FS-550s will do just fine. Your motor dealer will help you determine what length v-belt to buy. As for a clutch motor, if that was your preference, get one rated at either 1/3 or 1/2 horsepower at 1725 rpm. The smaller the motor pulley, the slower she sews and the higher the torque.

In either case, you should get (included in the box) a wiring harness with power switch and mounting hardware. Ask for a small motor pulley, like 2" (50mm) diameter, for sewing leather projects.

The Family Sew servo motors contain a cork brake. A slight press of your toe on the pedal releases the brake and allow you to hand wheel the machine. Go any further and the power is applied (no more free wheeling). Increasing the movement of the pedal increases the speed, to the maximum set by a top speed limiter knob. These motors are pretty easy to control from very slow to very fast and are plenty powerful.

A clutch motor is normally freewheeling when not engaged and draws a lot of power at all times. The clutch can be feathered by your foot, like a car clutch, for slower speeds. But, they are touchier nowadays. Once you pass a critical point, it runs at 1725 rpm. The sewing machine will run at the ratio between the pulley on the motor and the pulley on the machine.

Thank You for the info, I was going to go with a servo motor when it arrives here in TN and all put back together, a friend picked it up for me in Santa Barbra CA, and is disassembling it for me to save on shipping cost, and also palletizing it. I have already reached out for a shipping quote to go from terminal to terminal, Montebello, CA to Nashville, for 185.00. I was able to get a break on the price after speaking with the rep, I was in the industry for 35 years so they cut me a discount. The machine was a gift so my cost in it will be about 300.00, not to bad for a pristine machine. Again thanks for all the info, people come here to learn that is why I am here.

Glad to have finally been able to help.