Ronny

BW Cutter

This is my most recent project a BW Cutter.

Ronny

:whatdoyouthink:

1c.JPG

1b.JPG.JPG]

1a.JPG

post-1266-1227837727_thumb.jpg

post-1266-1227838166_thumb.jpg

post-1266-1227838271_thumb.jpg

Edited by Ronny

This is my most recent project a BW Cutter.

Ronny

:whatdoyouthink:

1a.JPG

1b.JPG

1c.JPG

Ronny,

Nice work!! I like the floral and basket weave combo! The finish cuts on the cantle are a nice touch!! :banana:

Rick J.

Beautiful job Ronny! I really like it. I like the swivel knife cuts. Nice touch.

Art

Excellent work, Ronny! That in-skirt rigging seems like the best way to go for cutters. No issue with stirrup leather swing. Did you use a regular Dee and drill holes for the rivets? I did that too once, on a flat plate rig, but I raised it up enough to put a plug between the stitches and the rivets for added strength. It worked out really nice and I had no complaints.

Who made the tree and what size? I just finished building a BW from Timberline, a 17". I had some issues with the overall length, getting enough skirt behind and up front. There's a point where ya just can't make the skirts any longer, or the jocks any shorter in the back. I ended up stealing some skirt from the front so I could have enough behind the bars in the aft.

I'd also like to mention how nice your ear cut looks. I always have a tough time with it, no matter how many times I do it, so I really appreciate one that is done well.

Edited by Go2Tex

Very nice work. I also like the idea of the inskirt rigging.

Just a question...noticed the bell stirrups....was that a client request or or your preference?

Excellent work, Ronny! That in-skirt rigging seems like the best way to go for cutters. No issue with stirrup leather swing. Did you use a regular Dee and drill holes for the rivets? I did that too once, on a flat plate rig, but I raised it up enough to put a plug between the stitches and the rivets for added strength. It worked out really nice and I had no complaints.

Who made the tree and what size? I just finished building a BW from Timberline, a 17". I had some issues with the overall length, getting enough skirt behind and up front. There's a point where ya just can't make the skirts any longer, or the jocks any shorter in the back. I ended up stealing some skirt from the front so I could have enough behind the bars in the aft.

I'd also like to mention how nice your ear cut looks. I always have a tough time with it, no matter how many times I do it, so I really appreciate one that is done well.

Many thanks for the nice comments. Yes, I really like a skirt rigged saddle and learned to put them in while living in AZ. Helen Corwin, worked for Porters for about 35 years, showed me how she did it. There is a plug cut and installed inside the dee and sandwiched between the skirt and top piece. On a ranch or roping saddle I loop nylon seat belt material through the dee and sew to the skirt. Really strong and no stretch on the skirts.

Thanks for the compliment on the cut of the seat ear. I, like everyone else it seems, struggled with it also for a long time. I seem to judge a saddle by this little corner. Not really fair but it seems all the good makers get it right. I just get LUCKY sometimes.

The stirrups don't really fit the saddle but this is what the customer wanted SOOOOO.

The tree was built by a guy from Belene NM. I think his name was Eddie Scott. I bougt the from a shop that went out of business. It was a really nice tree and I had it on hand for about a year before making it up. I tried to locate E Scott but couldn't find anything about him. The tree is a 16 1/2.

Thanks again for looking, Later Ronny