Gregspitz

Any Way To Hide 1 Knot Showing On Top Stitching?

wherre the leather got a little thinner on this watch strap the knot pulled tighter to the top and shows...

any way to manually fix of hide this any tricks besides not letting it happen in the first place!?..I know I am being picky and obsessive but my customers expect the best job

especially on shell cordovan

this is shell cordovan with a veg tan backing ..top stitch is 92 bonded nylon red and the bobbin is 46 bonded nylon black

using a 18 needle.. Thanks for looking

7B5BEA3E-011C-43FD-99CE-C641DC0ADD9F_1.j

You can tighten the stitch (down) with a modeling tool (or anything else that wont cut) but it may help avoid it in the future if you step the needle down one size (16) or I would likely bump up the thread size one notch -- 92 top and 69 under.

thanks..I always thought from my charts that 18 needle would be good with 92 thread..but looks like 16 with thin leather.

and 69 under would make a difference also.

The needle/thread combination is fine. The machine f-d up. When this happens to me I use the tip of a fine point marker to dot out the knot.

I must be blind because I can't even see the problem.....Cheryl

If you are using a #46 thread in the bobbin and a #92 thread on top, then I believe that the #46 thread is too small for the hole that the #18 needle punches. You should use a #69 thread in the bobbin which will help fill in the hole.