tjkarmin

More Tacsew Issurs

As I'm using my Tacsew T111-155 I'm noticing issues with it. First off is it normal to have to spend a lot of time to get the tension correct? I have the tension *pretty* good but I can still see a few loops on the top. I have verified its threaded properly and bobbin is in correctly. I'm using 69 weight thread with a 23 tri needle on 2oz leather.

Also sometimes the belt doesn't grab the motor and it just spins. I've adjusted the motor and belt a few times. It mostly happens when I stop in the middle of sewing and go to start again. In order to resume sewing I have to turn the hand wheel. The motor is almost down all of the way and it seems like there is proper give on the belt.

I am learning a lot from you all and I appreciate the continued help!

You need to match the needle size to the thread you are using. 23 is lots to big, makes a big hole, so hard for you to get the tension set right. Smaller hole will require more top tension.

See this chart

You will also find that the needle goes through the leather easier and won't stall out so easily. On some machines, it is common to help get moving by turning the hand wheel. Depends where you are on the stroke to some extent too.

Tom