Wallyphyfe

Tangleboss Swivel Knife?

This may have been discussed, perhaps numerous times, but a search didn't bring up any information, so I'll inquire. I have tried to contact Tanglefoot Traders via the email contact information on their website several times in the last 6 months or so, and have heard nothing back. The website is still up, but I was wondering if they are no longer in business. Does anyone know whether they still exist? Thanks!

A search of these forums using the search function in the upper right of your screen, looking for tangleboss brings up 16 threads. The sixth one down may answer your question.

Tom

It'll make you feel drunker than cheap booze.

Art

If you just gotta have one, then someone on here can probably sell you one.

Thanks. I have developed arthritis in my thumb joints, which makes using a standard swivel knife difficult, and thought a tangleboss might make it easier.

Someone once pointed out that Xacto makes a very similar knife that swivels the same way a Tangleboss does. Before going to the trouble to track one down, you might want to find one of the Xacto knives. I think they called it a Craft Swivel Knife.

I have one of the exacto knives; but they are not well suited for carving leather. I suspect they were for cutting paper patterns, and other lightweight materials. The barrel is small and long, and the blade is thin and lightweight. Thanks for the suggestion, though.

Edited by Wallyphyfe