Boriqua

Youtube Stars

So I have three people who are my youtube leatherworker heros that I follow. Who else in the youtube world are do you think I need to add to my list. Right now its

Ian Atkinson (Leodis Leather)

Nigel (Armitage Leather) and

Arthur Porter

All three give detailed instruction, have an easy way about them that appeals to me, good to great camera work and most importantly they make really nice stuff.

Only problem with Ian is he is young, handsome and has a British accent so suddenly my wife who could care less about leather is interested in watching videos with me!! :huh:

Even suffering from Cancer, Mr. Porter is surely a star. I have had a few conversations with him and shared a few techniques with my FB people, with his permission, of course! I am glad to hear that he is in remission.

Love Arther's videos

I have watched Ian Atkinson and Nigel Armitage, but I hadn't heard of Arthur Porter till now. I've had a short browse through some of his videos and they seem good. I will watch them properly in the near future

While I was searching for advice on sharpening I found 'Preparing and sharpening a woodworking chisel' by Paul Sellers. That was useful and interesting, and the techniques can be applied to leather tools

Since then I've watched just about all of his videos, which are mostly on woodworking with hand tools.

I don't do woodworking, but they are pleasant, relaxing, with a simple but clear style, and there is the sheer joy of watching an expert craftsman at work.

And Oh, he's another Brit, this time with a Manchester accent

Put 'Paul Sellers woodworking' into YouTube's search box and see what you think

Edited by zuludog