Sign in to follow this  
Constabulary

Can You Id This Machiens - A Busmc Maybe?

Perhaps a picture would do the trick:)

C,

We need more pics of the machine and some close ups shots!!

glenn

Still I have no clue, the picture will not give enough detail either. Anyway, never seen this fine machine before. Where did you find it?

This is the closest I have It´s not my machine - it is but quite far away from me so w/o knowing anything about it I don´t take the pain - but it´s an interesting one anyway.

Tag says DVSG so it is for the shoe industries but I would assume it is BUSMC made - just a feeling.

post-31854-0-09487000-1441386869_thumb.j

It looks to be a folder / gluing machine.

Looks German to me,you got to have some faith in your own people:) To take a wild guess, I would say it's made somewhere behind the iron curtain. East German perhaps. But it's really not my cup of tea. It's just my feelings.

It's good looking, that's for sure. Does it sew?

A shoe lasting machine perhaps?

Looks like this perforating machine

http://www.sieck.de/en/machines/shoe-manufacturing/diverse-machines/details/1720/

Edited by Trox

DVSG was located in Frankfurt / Main (West Germany). But my DVSG #6 HM (or Pearson / BUSMC #6 HM) sewing machine was made @ IVI Metallics in Great Britain - at least all parts have the IVI markings. AFAIK DVSG and BUSMC belonged together at some point of their history so thats why I assume it could also be a BUSMC made machine.

This strange machine is in the far West of Germany so for sure nothing from behind the iron curtain. Not even sure if it is a sewing machine at all...

If it was closer to me I´d take a look at it but traveling 500Km one way w/o knowing anything about it is a waste of time and money I´d say.

You can see that it is from the same company. I cannot see a needle or an awl. It might do something else in production of the shoe. Not that I know anything about the shoe production, they have a lot of fancy machines. That's for sure.

DVSG was located in Frankfurt / Main (West Germany). But my DVSG #6 HM (or Pearson / BUSMC #6 HM) sewing machine was made @ IVI Metallics in Great Britain - at least all parts have the IVI markings. AFAIK DVSG and BUSMC belonged together at some point of their history so thats why I assume it could also be a BUSMC made machine.

This strange machine is in the far West of Germany so for sure nothing from behind the iron curtain. Not even sure if it is a sewing machine at all...

If it was closer to me I´d take a look at it but traveling 500Km one way w/o knowing anything about it is a waste of time and money I´d say.

I told you it was a wild guess :) but I still think it is German made:)

I have seen it but I think its a different machine.

I wish I could find some other interesting machines in thats area...

I'll think you do a pretty good job finding strange interesting machines. Keep looking, eventionally they have to turn up on the marked.

Why the hell do you know where to look for it - I hate you for that ***just kidding** :thumbsup:

Thanks a lot for your help!!!!

Would have been a boat anchor for me but the machine is dirt cheap but I have no use for it.

Tanks again Machinehead

I have one in my shop. :rofl: Will need some work to operate. A project for another day. You are entirely welcome.

Seriously? What exactly are you doing with it? I just cant "think around the corner" in this case - shoe making is too far away for me.

I acquired this machine during the purchase of several others. It was set up on a new table with one of the smoothest operating clutch motors that I have ever used. I set my Singer 153 K 103 up on the table after I set the folding machine off to the side so it was more like buy the table and motor and get the folding/gluing machine for next to nothing. The gluing machine suffers from someone not cleaning the glue out after it was last used. Other than that the machine seems complete and the heater to melt the glue works. It would be a good machine to do a big production run of glued and folded edges on small leather goods.

Any chance that you have manual for the machien or know the nomenclacture - maybe it has one beside UNITED THERMOSETTING AND FOLDING MACHINE