l2bravo

Cowboy 3200?

Sorry I posted this in the other sewing section.

So I am thinking about getting a machine. How is the 3200 thought of? I will be sewing mostly oil tanned, with some veg and latigo. All told, less than 20 oz. for the majority.

I would love to hear some opinions, prior to making a mistake.

Where is the best place to order, and what can I expect to pay, with shipping and all?

Thanks for the help, Josh

Edited by l2bravo

The Cowboy CB3200 is a compound feed walking foot machine, with higher lift and much higher thread handling capacities than standard walking foot machines. It is basically a clone of a Juki TSC-441. It uses the same needles, bobbins and presser feet as the larger CB4500. But, unlike the 4500, the 3200 can only sew 1/2 inch thickness. Also, it is normally sold with a U shaped table (sit down), rather than the pedestal type that the 4500 is mounted on (stand up).

If all your work will be no thicker than 1/2 inch and will require bonded thread sizes 138 and up, that would be a good machine for your purposes. Note, it can use #92 thread, which requires a #19 or 20 needle. But, there aren't any leather point needles for it under #23 (best for for #138 thread).

The link in the first paragraph takes you to the official dealer's product page.

The Cowboy CB3200 is a machine in the middle. It won't sew thin stuff like the CowBoy CB 227R and won't sew harness traces and tugs like the Cowboy CB 3500 or CB 4500, but with the big needle system of the 441, it will sew everything you want and will do it pretty well. Good selection, you will have a ball with it.

Art

There was a NIB one for sale on the classifieds if you are in Ohio. 1200$ I think.

HI All, actually the Cowboy CB3200 is rated at 5/8' rather than 1/2" and is not a clone of the Juki TSC 441, it is an inhouse design and uses some Juki and Adler parts. That being the case it is not quite the same when doing the main timing or the reverse timing... there are other more obvious differences such as the bobbin winder not being on the main body of the machine and so on.

When we (Australia's Cowboy Leather Machines) put this machine to the public we mate them with a range of tables.... it could be the cut away one, a pedestal or an overhang style table. You can also have a clutch or servo motor, however nearly 100% of buyers will opt for the speed reducer. They also come with the special foot and plate pack, which means you get the blanket foot set, the double toe leather foot, left and right toes, left and right dogleg toes, smooth dog and plate as well as the stirrup and holster plates.

This machine is an excellent all rounder, but we are finding back here in Australia that it excels in the belt making and bag making trades.

I've attached a couple of photos from Steve Kemp and Doug Johnston.

post-19343-0-52429800-1442832761_thumb.j

post-19343-0-26545500-1442832800_thumb.j