kkikoss

Problem With Tan Kote.

Hello guys , how are you?
I have one problem/question.

When you paint the leather with fiebing antique paste or dye paint or paint the raw cut edges with fiebing edge kote after it must put fiebing tan kote for finish. Right?
When i do all these and at the end i coat the tan kote with one piece of fabric i see that the piece of fabric becomes a little black from black edge kote ,or black antique or black dye etc..that i put on the previous step before finishing with tan kote. (Of course i let them to become dry before put the tan kote)
Do i make something wrong?

Iam afraid because i do not want to let stains on my customers' wrist.

Please help me.

Thank you very much.

One of my processes is; STAIN FIRST, Dry 24 hours! Then EDGECOAT the edges, Dry 24 hours !

here it changes to either Mink oil or Sno Cream for conditioning, Dry 24 hours ! Then apply Top Coating, with 24 hour intervals

between however many coats you deem necessary. Good luck ----Wild Bill46

I wanted to also say, There are so many leather products you need to EXPERIMENT with different products,

to see what you can come up with to suit yourself. Have fun with what your doing !

I can add that Tan Kote will cut Feibings Antique Paste and it will remove some of the dried antique from a project. I've seen it used to remove antique streaks on leather and even out the finish on a completed project.

I complete my projects before I work the edges.....I do have to admit that I do not use Edge Kote....never had good luck with it and really do not like how it turns out. Also, as mentioned above, I actually have Tan Kote in my antique paste and mixed up. Are you buffing after your dye dries especially if you are using black dye? I always lightly buff the leather before I apply my paste. When I apply my Tan Kote, some of the paste does come up, but you want to make sure that stays in the depths of your cuts and tooling to enhance the depth.

Good luck

Hello everyone!!! Thank you very for your answers and your time!

So is normal the fabric with tan kote to have black stains after use.

Please check this video that i found and look tha fabric with tan kote after use. It has brown stains. I have the same problem.

link: www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wc9Qkh5yAaw

thanks

Edited by kkikoss