art23

Consew 226 Timing Belt Replacement.

Hello everyone I'm trying to replace my timing belt on my consew 226. Can anyone tell me the process on that? How many total screws do I have to remove? And from where? I had 3 111ws that I used to mess with and had success. So I have some knowledge on the mechanics. Thanks.

Page 164 of the US Army sewing machine repair guide describes how to remove the arm shaft and timing belt on a Singer 111W155. It sounds somewhat painful. The Consew 226 is perhaps similar enough to follow those directions. In any case, the procedure is probably not something you want to first-ever attempt on a super important/precious machine.

One thing to note: Is the old belt a black rubber or is it the clear material with the steel cables in it. If the old belt was clear and the new one is, there is absolutely no stretch to those belts. The grey Consew's made by Seiko used those belts and they were not fun to put on. What color is your machine, the old belt and the replacement?
glenn

Lookup timing belt change on Singer 111w155(same belt replacement) the top shaft does not have to come out,take the handwheel off,then loosen bearing screw in back & then loosen the 2-collar screws on the inside,take bearing off ,we cut the old belt off if it isn't broke,then insert the new belt through the gap where the bearing was.Put take up lever all the way up & lineup arrows on collar or dots on lower shaft & slide belt on.

Edited by CowboyBob

Thanks everyone can't wait. It is a grey machine it had the cable's belt Wich was coming right of and the guy that sold it to me gave me a black rubber belt. The guy had 7 of these same machines ( head only) I paid $400 head and servo motor. Other than the belt everything else is in very good condition. What do you guys think was it a good buy?

$400.00 . head only?

glenn