Jaymack

Looking For 2-3 Oz Veg Tan Leather For Wallets

I'm looking for some half decent 2-3 oz veg tan leather for wallets that won't break the bank. Suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

John

Edited by Jaymack

Try Waterhouse Leather. They carry 2-3oz veg tan, what they call calfskin kip. www.waterhouseleather.com

Tandy Leather has some of their craft oak sides on sale right now. I believe their 2-3 oz side is $79. I bought a piece last week and it is actually pretty nice.

Try Waterhouse Leather. They carry 2-3oz veg tan, what they call calfskin kip. www.waterhouseleather.com

have you got one to share a photo please?

I'm looking for some half decent 2-3 oz veg tan leather for wallets that won't break the bank. Suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

John

You might want to try Hide House, they are my goto for this kind of leather. They are a bit pricey sometimes, but not always, and the products are excellent.

Art

Wickett & Craig will split their 8 oz. tooling sides to 2/3 oz. They'll also cut the belly off and not charge you for it. You'll want to get the backs sanded and finished, which adds $1.50/sf, bringing the price up to $10/sf, or ~$210 a side. That's a lot of top end American made material split and finished exactly to your specs.