Rhonda

Search members by State

Admin how about making it possible to search other members by the state they live in?

My husband works bridge construction, we have to move every couple years.

Maybe you know how hard it really is to find other leatherworkers? I do.

I realize that was probably the motivation for this site, I just think the State search option would make it easier for all of us to connect.

Please consider it

Thank you,

Rhonda

Edited by Rhonda

Excellent idea Rhonda!! I'm all for it.

There is or used to be a map thread in one of the subforums where we could put our location, picture, and maybe contact info. I am heading out right now, but someone else may find it and point to it before I can.

Sounds good.S.E. Ohio for me.Near Marrietta.

Another good reason for it is to find out if anyone close by wants to go halvies with me on a side of W&C 8/10oz chestnut carving leather because at Christmas time I'm trying to hold on to all the cash I can, but W&C is having a sale!!!!!!!....I could deliver it to the nearest mutual saloon myself. :helpsmilie:

Deliver to the local saloon and have a few drinks while waiting...oh I'm willing to pay to see two leather workers try to equally split a hide after a few drinkies.

"...and it was wierd," says owner Mick Flanagan, " 'cause these two guys I've never seen before come in, have a few drinks, and have a knife fight in my bar with some funky half moon shaped knives. It's got to be an initiation into some sort of cult..." ----AP reports.

The map is probably the best we can do, because not everyone is willing to disclose their state in their profile, or maybe doesn't know how to set up their profile, or worse, not know what their profile is! Click "My Controls" at the top of the page to change a profile, and click someone's name to view theirs. We don't use this feature enough, esp the folks trying to get more work.

Johanna