bushpilotmexico

Edger For Punch Bag Slots

When I punch either a 1-1/2" or a 1-3/4" slot I would like to edge around the cut. I know it has to be an edger with the front toes, so to speak, curving upwards and slightly back.

I have a collection of edgers now (that's the problem with mail order) and none of them work when it comes to the 1'4" inside curve, okay on the straight stretch.

My latest edger which cost me $38.00 is an Osborne Western Style Edge Tool 133-S and is equally as useless.

Would anyone be kind enough to point me in the right direction/

Thx

Thanks for the info but unless the two toes were curved up and back I don't think they would edge the tight inside corner of the slot.

Thx

At that price, you could afford to experiment with modifying them to your needs ...

Bill

At that price, you could afford to experiment with modifying them to your needs ...

Bill

All edgers are hardened and tempered, I tried modifying the Osborne grinding and dipping in water to keep it cool. You'd take the temper out of them if you tried to change the shape.

Just hoping someone has a favorite edger that will do the job.

Thx

All edgers are hardened and tempered, I tried modifying the Osborne grinding and dipping in water to keep it cool. You'd take the temper out of them if you tried to change the shape.

Just hoping someone has a favorite edger that will do the job.

Thx

I modify hardened tools all the time with cheap diamond needle files from harbour freight. They are like 15-20 bucks a set.

Also, have you tried using a small dowel in a dremel/drill to burnish the hole? Can't remember who but someone makes these burnishers that come to a point for burnishing holster slots.

When I punch either a 1-1/2" or a 1-3/4" slot I would like to edge around the cut. I know it has to be an edger with the front toes, so to speak, curving upwards and slightly back.

I have a collection of edgers now (that's the problem with mail order) and none of them work when it comes to the 1'4" inside curve, okay on the straight stretch.

My latest edger which cost me $38.00 is an Osborne Western Style Edge Tool 133-S and is equally as useless.

Would anyone be kind enough to point me in the right direction/

Thx

Barry King's sharp curve edger will do this. http://www.barrykingtools.com/edgers.htm