bylinesupplyco

What Machine Is This?

It looks like a hot embosser. You can get custom dies made or use type with a holder. There are many different colours of foils you can get to add colour to the embossed image.

That is a Kingsley hot foil stamping machine. Model M-60 or M-75. The badge will say.

Would you guys recommend this vs. using a pneumatic one? I've seen people use arbor presses (maybe with wetting the leather surface first) to stamp their monograms but it depends more on the leather whether it stays or not. I'm just worried the Kingsley machine wouldn't have enough torque from a manual crank to press down the metal plate into the leather.

I have a similar one that I use to emboss my logo into most of my products. It works well on both chrometan and vegitan leather, you don't need water...the heat does the trick. If it came with a die or some type, heat it up and experiment on some scraps, you will figure it out fairly easily.