Studio-N

Paypal Holding Funds - Ridiculous

I saw this on the pen turners board. I thought I'd recap it here since i know a lot of you leatherworkers make knives out of damascus steel.

"Just a heads up to all my customers that have ordered Damascus blanks. Pay Pal is holding up our funds on all orders with the word Damascus in it until they can verify we are not Terrorist."

Ok, but they wouldn't hold up pattern-welded steel payments. With an animal the size of PayPal (aka eBay) you work with them not against them. Damascus really has no meaning anymore anyway. Maybe faux-damascus steel would be a better moniker.

Art

It's a serious pain when paypal does weird things. Several years ago, they froze my account and spent 8 months insisting that I didn't exist.

With an animal the size of PayPal (aka eBay) you work with them not against them.

Paypal is its own company now. It split from ebay a few months ago. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PayPal#Spin-off_from_eBay

ebay and paypal have divorced. But I agree, the simple answer is to simply rename the item.

Wonder what they'll do with al-Qaeda cupcakes or ISIS pops?

I left a few bucks in an unattended account some years ago, just to 'keep the account open'. When I tried to use it, it was frozen because of "suspicious activity". No problem...new account. Oh wait, I already have a paypal acct. linked to that email addy, so no paypal there. Okay, sure. New email addy, new paypal. I have to keep repeating: "It's just a game, It's just a game...."

I must say we have zero problems with PAYPAL. They refund my account if there is any wing ding going on, I refund folks if we happen to make a mistake with absolutely no trouble. The refund usually appears within minutes.

I am of the opinion, with the recent happenings in our world and other countries, I am not fearful but I sure as heck watch everything very closely.

Personally, I am glad they and a few others are feeling the same way.

ferg