Acceptable

Where Do Rolls-Royce And Bentley Get Their Leather?

Which tannery does Rolls-Royce, Bentley, or other high-end automakers get their upholstery leathers from?

Likewise, where do European haute-couture fashion houses such as LV, Hermes, Chanel get their handbag leathers from?

Is there a way to characterize these types of leathers that they use? i.e., are they all pure chrome-tanned, finished leathers?

Not sure where Rolls Royce get theirs from but most airlines and other super car manufacturers get theirs from lovely leather to work with

Not sure where Rolls Royce get theirs from but most airlines and other super car manufacturers get theirs from lovely leather to work with

What???

Rolls - Royce, Bentley, Jaguar, Range Rover and other up - market British cars are supplied with leather by Connolly.

The farms that supply the cattle are contracted not to use barbed wire

There is an apocryphal tale that a Texas millionaire bought a Rolls - Royce and was most upset to find that he'd paid a lot of money for a car that was trimmed in PVC. When he complained to the dealers, they had to explain that it was, in fact leather, some of the best in the world. Seems he had never seen leather that was completely free from blemishes & imperfections.

Surf Google for 'Rolls Royce Leather' and 'Bently Leather', and 'Connolly Leather' there are several references & videos.

Rolls - Royce, Bentley, Jaguar, Range Rover and other up - market British cars are supplied with leather by Connolly.

The farms that supply the cattle are contracted not to use barbed wire

There is an apocryphal tale that a Texas millionaire bought a Rolls - Royce and was most upset to find that he'd paid a lot of money for a car that was trimmed in PVC. When he complained to the dealers, they had to explain that it was, in fact leather, some of the best in the world. Seems he had never seen leather that was completely free from blemishes & imperfections.

Surf Google for 'Rolls Royce Leather' and 'Bently Leather', and 'Connolly Leather' there are several references & videos.

Thanks! Just what I was looking for

About 50 % of the norwegian leather is sold to luxury tanneries in Europe, (Italy, France, Belgium and so on) for the exclusive brands. In Norway it is forbidden to use barbed wire on all pasture/outfield, and we dont have much pests/bugs. Norway has got the best leather in the world ;)

About 50 % of the norwegian leather is sold to luxury tanneries in Europe, (Italy, France, Belgium and so on) for the exclusive brands. In Norway it is forbidden to use barbed wire on all pasture/outfield, and we dont have much pests/bugs. Norway has got the best leather in the world ;)

So post us a link to some of your tanneries so we can enjoy them too... :)

Cheers

Alex

Ferrari (and certainly others I'm sure/ Italian exotics) use Poltrona Frau leather. I thought I remembered reading that Connolly's had closed shop a few years back.

Doug C

I seem to remember reading in a car magazine that Royce [and Bentley by default] and Jaguar got their leather from Sweden.

It has been Connolleys for years.

Connelly is a tannery.

Where does Connelly get the leather to tan for Royce?