tew45

Singer 153W101 Belt

Universal Sewing Supply sells the 235003 belt. It's not a stock belt, but it's only 7 days out.

Regards, Eric

Thank you Eric! I will order one after the first of the month. I need to polish the shaft bushing first for I have almost to destroy it to get it out. It is a press fit where a push fit would be fine. I did look at universal sewing supply but somehow failed to see it.

I appreciate your time for helping me with my belt problem. I will be glad to get it running so I can see if I like the roller foot.

Tony

I ordered the belt from Universal Sewing Supply today. I had to call in the order since I could not get along with the online order site. It should be here in a week or two. I also should have time to work over the bushing behind the hand wheel to male it easier to install and remove. I think it should be a tight push fit and not a hammer fit. It is so tight I have almost destroyed it after two removals. If the weather permits I should have a chance to do the outside cleaning and remove some light surface rust.

I tried to order the proper belt from Universal Sewing and the belt had been discontinued by both suppliers. The only seller that has the belt is college sewing in the UK which is not a problem except the belt is cloth which cannot be a long lasting belt. I still have the new 41 tooth belt so the first thing I will do will shorten the new belt to 38 teeth. If that doesn't work I might try to order the cloth belt. Otherwise the 153W101 will just be a trot line weight. So I still need a machine to sew using at least 207 thread for holsters etc.

The cloth belts last good long time. However, your 153 isn't going to like t207 thread. It best works with t135 and smaller.

Regards, Eric

I know t135 is best and that is what I have. I just meant I would like a machine that uses t207 and larger for holsters. It seems like that is going to be a pipe dream anyway. I think I can shorten the 41 tooth belt with enough strength to work. We will see.

If there is only one place left with the belts, I would buy two if i were you.

They only have one left in stock and the cost would be 50.00 or more before it got here. If the cut and splice doesn't work I will send the machine to the scrap yard or part it out. I really don't see any value in the parts. If the splice works I will send a photo if not I really thank all of you for advice and will forget the 153W101. I still would like to know why this machine was converted to a wheel foot in place of the walking foot. What was the wheel foot used for? What are the advantages or cons etc? Just curious.

153w timing belts:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2047675.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.XSINGER+153W+TIMING+BELT.TRS0&_nkw=SINGER+153W+TIMING+BELT&_sacat=0

EDIT:

sorry - I juts noticed the 38 teeth issue so forget the lin

Edited by Constabulary

I have a Singer Parts Catalog from 1973/74 and it lists a neoprene timing belt for the 153K101 with parts number 265715.

Usually the W and K models are the same but I can´t promise.

Google throws out this:

http://camatron.com/product/tmining-belt-for-singer-153w101-use-265715/

Hope this helps ;)

post-31854-0-62206700-1456429878_thumb.j

Edited by Constabulary

Those old link and cloth drive belts are sometimes salvaged from machines bought at factory auctions. Check with Gregg at Keystone Sewing or Bob Kovar at Toledo Industrial Sewing Machines. One of them may have a 153w101 carcass with a decent belt they can pull and sell to you.

I just tried Camatron in New Jersey who had the correct number belt but the wrong tooth count. Thanks for looking for me. I am going to call Toledo now.

Try to find out the exact length of the belt for your machine. If it has the same total circumference as a 41 tooth belt, it should fit on the cogs.