x101airborne

Seiko Sth-8Bld3 Pulley

I would like to buy a reduced gear pulley for my machine. Basically as slow as I can get it to go. My motor pulley is only about 3 inches, so I think that is about as small as I can go. I would like to get an oversized pulley for the machine to reduce the stitch rate even further down. Anyone have any ideas? Cambell Randall says that is all they have. As they only sell factory parts, I did not doubt them but I was wondering if there is anything else out there on the interweb. Thanks for your help.

Just take any pulley you like. Just have to make it fit. Shouldn't be that hard.

Mabey you will have to buy/drill/machine a bushing. It doesn't run high rpm's. So it's not a big problem when it's a little off.

A just go to a machine shop and buy the cheapest pulley they have and let them drill or machine the hole. Shouldn't be that expensive.

Or go with a speed reducer ofcourse. But I think that's more expensive.

Thank you all. I will call some machine shops on Monday.

Can you remove the existing motor pulley and measure the shaft? I thought most of the motors these days use the same size shaft (15 mm, I think) - all of mine are the same size with a key on the shaft and held on by a big nut. If it is that type then you can pick up a smaller pulley off ebay - I'm using 45 mm on my motors.