Acceptable

Neatsfoot Oil Recommendation?

I read several posts on this forum that many neatsfoot oil are in fact compounds and not 100% pure natural neatsfoot oil - which is deemed superior.

Can anyone recommend a good and affordable brand of 100% pure natural neatsfoot oil?

Is the "Fiebing's 100% Pure Neatsfoot Oil" a good choice? http://www.amazon.com/Fiebings-100%25-Pure-Neatsfoot-Oil/dp/B000FJP4NO/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1451230455&sr=8-4&keywords=neatsfoot

Affordability would depend on where you are located and what your options for sourcing are but the price you are seeing on Amazon is a bit high. I buy mine directly from Fiebing's or Dr. Jackson's (which Tandy Leather is now carrying as their brand) and I have never seen a price like that on Amazon. I normally purchase mine by the 32oz. bottle and I pay $18.00 per bottle so that 16oz. bottle on Amazon is a bit over I would say. Try contacting Fiebing's direct and see what they have for you. Even better, a 16oz. jug from Fiebing's is only $14.50 so you can see that the seller on Amazon already was asking way too much based on the original listing price and the "reduced" price, although less than Fiebing's direct, is not really a bargain when you look at it. There is also the issue that you would be purchasing a product such as this from a source that is really a games supplier and probably dabbles in craft supplies; in other words, they could have been sitting on this stuff for quite some time and trying to move out older product, not really a good thing.

Again, if you are in a location where you have access to a Tandy store then you might want to stop buy there and get some Dr. Jackson's or some Fiebing's (they carry that too), but just make sure that is is Pure Neatsfoot Oil and not a compound; the compounds contain chemicals that have a tendency to defeat the purpose of the conditioning properties when used on veg-tan leather.

Springfield Leather can also be a great source if you get on their programs. I get the 16oz size of Fiebing's for $7.25 and usually buy enough to get free shipping.

Art

I get mine frow Weaver Leather at about $14 a gallon.