Jspool

Adler 105-64

Hi,

I am a complete newbie when it comes to sewing machines. I have started to make knife sheaths.

Can someone let me know how thick I can expect to sew veg tanned leather with this machine?

Please keep in mind I am a hobbies and not doing production work. Most of my sheaths will be 5/8"or less.

I have looked for information on the Adler 105-64, but it seems they are not popular.

These machines have a maximum foot lift of 12 mm, which is about 7/16 inches. They use the medium long needle system 328, which is significantly shorter than the system 794 used in the Adler 205 and the 441 type machines. Conversely, the system 328 is somewhat longer than a standard walking foot machine needle (system 135x16 or 135x17). I don't have any 328 or their equivalent 214 needles around, so I can't be more specific.

The 105-64 is an excellent needle feed machine and will serve you well for your sheath projects. The 105 series machines are build like tanks and sill last many decades when well serviced and oiled.

Thanks,

I was just informed it was sold. Still looking, but I think I need a machine that can handle at least 3/4"

Sorry - I live in the metric part of the world. I have not noticed the 5/8 before - thats approx 1.6cm and probably a bit too much for the 105-64. I think you need a heavier machine. My bad.

Edited by Constabulary

Thanks,

I was just informed it was sold. Still looking, but I think I need a machine that can handle at least 3/4"

I was going to recommend an old Adler 5, but then you upped the ante from 16 to 19 millimetres. My Adler 5 - cost me 180 USD incl. gas - does 20 mm footlift. I guess you will have to redesign either your sheaths or your bank account.

Greets

Ralf C.

They use the medium long needle system 328, which is significantly shorter than the system 794 used in the Adler 205 and the 441 type machines. Conversely, the system 328 is somewhat longer than a standard walking foot machine needle (system 135x16 or 135x17).

Hi,

the 328 are about 52.15 millimetres from shaft to eye. That's about 2.05 inches.

Greets

Ralf C.

Hi,

the 328 are about 52.15 millimetres from shaft to eye. That's about 2.05 inches.

Greets

Ralf C.

Thanks Ralf. My type 794 needles are about 2.75 inches long..

What would be the value of an Adler 105-64?  I'm looking to sell mine, but have no clue what it's worth.  Thank you

I would say $1,500.00-$1,800.00US retail.  The 205-64 would be worth a little more.  These are just ballpark figures.

glenn