SARK9

Singer 29K Large Bobbin Dimension?

Does anyone have a large original bobbin for a big hook Singer 29K they can throw a set of calipers on? I need the diameter, height, and hole size for a comparison.

Thanks!

-DC

Thanks Constabulary-

I have some here for a Consew 29B that measure 20.03 X 7.6 X 5.8. I'm checking for interoperability of spare parts with the originals.

Appreciate it!

-DC

SARK9,

The Singer bobbins should work in a Consew 29 and visa versa. The Consew 29's was modeled after the Singer 29's.

glenn

Thanks Glenn-

I ordered a 10 pack and will verify.... I'll update if there are any issues. The Consew 29B is made in Taiwan and they are *supposed* to be a pretty close clone-off, but...

-DC

Interesting!!!

Do you have any idea of the age of your machine?

Normally the "B" was used for Japanese built machines - U was a different factory - and as far as I know they are all built by Seiko. Consew IS Seiko and for all of the machines I know of they changed the numbering system when Singer went kaput.

To your question.

29 bobbins are made in China and Taiwan with a small possibility that some come out of Japan - Bob Kovar or others may know more about that - but stay away from the Chinese bobbins as they are often pretty rough. Buy from a supplier who will back the product!!

Taiwanese large 29k bobbins

20.05mm dia

7.64 thick

5.75 bore

They are the stock I have now but next batch might vary

Thanks Glenn-

I ordered a 10 pack and will verify.... I'll update if there are any issues. The Consew 29B is made in Taiwan and they are *supposed* to be a pretty close clone-off, but...

-DC