I have some fiebing's antique that has gotten thick over time (years) to the point of being nearly unusable. Since I am cheap and don't want to throw half a quart of antique away I want they thinning it back to a usable consistency and was wondering if anyone else has tried that and to what level of success. I think it is water based or at least water soluble so I would assume plain water should work. Any thoughts?

Once had the same problem with a smaller container of antique - a Tandy dealer recommended using some Tan-Kote to thin it. That worked fairly well, but took a lot of stirring/mixing to get it to a usable consistency

So I took a small amount on a plate added a little water and used a stir stick to work it to approximately a cake frosting consistency. Seems to work so...

So I took a small amount on a plate added a little water and used a stir stick to work it to approximately a cake frosting consistency. Seems to work so...

I'm surprised, usually resin and water don't mix that well. Definitely do a test piece as something may go wrong down the line.

Art