Mike516

Looking For Solution To Bobbin Running Out In The Middle Of Project

I apologize if this has been asked before, but I make dog collars and recently bought a sewing machine to sew in linings. So I'm real new to sewing and have a lot to learn.

Is there any way to make sure the bobbin doesn't run out at an inopportune time? And if it does, is there anything I can do to save the work?

I tried again to search for this problem on these forums but didn't come up with any old threads regarding this issue.

Check the bobbin more frequently. Sometimes i will put in a fresh one for the long seam, and put the partial back in for the little bits.

Starting again 3-4 stitches back and overstitching the last 3 stitches is one way to fix it, so s starting again in the next hole and tieing both sets of threads of on the backside, for projects where the back don't matter.

First what Tinker said. Second a lot of sewing people will put a bobbin on the bobbin winder and it will fill as you sew. It will be full about the time the one in the machine runs out.

Good suggestions. Thank you both.

Except when you go to reverse gear :surrender:

Tinker hit both nails right on the head.

I've just about made it a habit, . . . and part of my "pre sewing check out", . . . to check the bobbin.

I make just enough belts that I got into that habit, . . . knowing that on my machine with 346 thread, . . . I'm always good for one belt on a bobbin, . . . but need to check for that second one.

May God bless,

Dwight