apelsinskal

4 Strand Braid With 3 Colours

Hi! I was wondering... if I want to braid a 4 strand braid, but with three colours, how do I do that? One colour goes around the ring as usual, but how do I attach the other two?

I've seen it recommended to dye half of one of the strings the third color...then you'll end up with four strands of three colors and can begin your braid as normal...

Don't really see how else you'd be able to start out a four strand braid around a ring with four colors any other way...unless you just begin with two strands of one color, one each of your second and third colors, then start it out doubled (8 strand braid)...braid it around the ring and back into itself just to attach the ring, then continue on with the four strands.

I've seen it recommended to dye half of one of the strings the third color...then you'll end up with four strands of three colors and can begin your braid as normal...

Don't really see how else you'd be able to start out a four strand braid around a ring with four colors any other way...unless you just begin with two strands of one color, one each of your second and third colors, then start it out doubled (8 strand braid)...braid it around the ring and back into itself just to attach the ring, then continue on with the four strands.

Thanks 25b. I was already thinking of splicing one strand, but you're right and that's the easiest way to do it.