Sign in to follow this  
Mark842

Clicker Press Handle Switches

Hi all,

I'm wondering if anyone has found a more reliable replacement for the microswitches most clicker presses use on the handles? I have used Saia, Burgess, Omron, unknown China switches, etc. Problem is that they wear out too fast. I've been buying the individual switches and then I have to drill out the rivets that hold the switches side by side and then replace the switches.

The switches are cheap and its not that hard to replace them but I have a looming problem. One of my brackets that holds the switches and threads into the handle is made of plastic. After changing the switches 10-12 times over the years the plastic is ready to break. I have found a seller that has both switches and the metal bracket shown below but he wants a ridiculous price to ship one to me from the U.K..

Has anyone found a replacement method, maybe a more modern switch that will thread into the standard size handle and maybe last for more than 6 months. And yes, I know I can just wire around the switch and make the press work, I'm trying to keep it safe as I'm not the only one who uses it and I really don't want to see what someones hand looks like after getting mashed with 26 tons...

post-29879-0-36907500-1458159943_thumb.jpost-29879-0-23423400-1458159972_thumb.j

Not sure where you are located but that switch design is very common. The trouble is there are a huge number of variations, all giving a new part number but most of which cam be used interchangeably. Such as extra terminals, shorter or longer terminals, built in lever, etc. A Google search and lots of calls will get you answers. I have a very similar switch on a car I own (very small run electric car) and was told I would have to buy thousands of them to get one. I talked the guy into looking on the shelf and he found some that had shorter terminals. For $35 I got ten of them (minimum order). My car now works again.

To fix the plastic use epoxy and re-drill the holes.

Thanks guys, I can find the switch no problem. My local Grainger sells them for $1.09. It is finding them joined together with the threaded button on top that is the problem.

As for them going bad frequently, yep, frustrating as hell. Mine is a Fipi. I bought it used 3 years ago and these darn switches are the only problem I have with it. Do the switches on your USM's look the same?

voltage in the UK?