ETW Grumpy

Guitar strap design

I'm making a 3.5 " wide strap for a friend and I'm not sure how to get a design done. I thought about using a belt pattern and blowing it up, but then my stamps won't be big enough to tool all of the elements of the design. I can try to draw one myself and will if I can't find one, but my skills in that area are kind of shallow. Does anyone have suggestions, a pattern to sell or a resource that they know about? The main design theme will probably be western floral. Thanks.

Hi Grumpy, I 'm no expert but I do my own Bass guitar straps which are 3" wide. Once you allow for your seem and/or boarder you will know the width of area for your design. Go to search on your browser and type in "western flora leather guitar strap patterns" then click on images you will have lots to choose from straight off the Net. Right click on the image and "save image as" to your PC for reference. You can put in names or even do double boarders to "fill in" wider straps, it's up to you.

Have fun......

Allan

P.S. No, these straps are none of mine, I pass them on as soon as I make them; these are borrowed off the Net.

images.jpg

index.jpg

index 2.jpg

index 1.jpg

images 2.jpg

images.jpg.59de13e906b07d74d24009169aed3

index.jpg.5cd3f88b8ed5fa2ce9a0a6ad6395b2

56ff52e8b43f8_index2.jpg.68bcf45a934b5ac

56ff52eb6d381_index1.jpg.4a2cbdc1a5e3ba1

56ff52f627ebc_images2.jpg.ec4ac19d7c22cd

Edited by tassiespirit

tassie, thanks for your response. I have some patterns that I've found that I like. I guess I'm just going to have to put them on paper and play around with them.

Here is one that I made.........2.5" wide .... the top design I borrowed from a guitar teachers strap .......... the body of the strap is 36" long, and the adjustment strap is 24" long......I can take photos of my templates if you like.......Don

IMG_5546.JPG