Mujician

Leather patterns

Hi,

I recently purchased some leather patterns, thinking they may come with instructions of some kind. I downloaded them and was faced with just pictures. So, I'm looking for a little guidance:- obviously I'm new to leathering so please be kind! 

The patterns I bought are for wallets and a handbag (I believe this is known as a purse in the US) Do I need to alter the size when I print the pattern from my computer? (I'm using a Macbook, so any advise on how to do this would be greatly received) I'm assuming for the handbag/purse I will need to adjust it, but I just don't have a clue to what size I need to alter, and how to do that on my computer. 

When the patterns are printed, how do I transfer it from the paper to the leather - is it best to have the pattern on stiff card first to draw/scratch awl around? 

Thanks for your patience!

Guess pictures of some kind would be helpful to know what we're looking at. How would someone know if a pattern must be re-sized when one doesn't even know what it looks like? Or the source where you got the patterns from might already be sufficient. 

Couldn't remember the website i bought from - just had a closer look. So the problem is the handbag pattern is sized 1:1, for printing on A0 sized paper. I can't print on A0, only A4, how do I solve this?

I assume it is a PDF file

Open up the file

Click on "Print"

Paper Scaling > Scaling type 

In the drop down box select "Tile All Pages"

Tick the Box "Show Cut Marks On Sheets"

Print

You should have it printed out on several A4 pages that you have to tape together and then cut out your pattern or whatever you want to do with it.

Hope this helps