dgkfit

Narrow fabric (blanket) feet

hello all,

thank  you all for your help with past problems.  i am slowing getting the hang of this.  it appears as tho i must use the "blanket feet" for my cobra class 4.  i sew thin fabric with thick thread.  i know, this is a problem, but i am making the adjustments to handle it.  i get some failure to feed with the leather feet. i am using the fabric feed dog with both feet sets.  but the leather feet are very agile and turn much better than the fabric feet.  the fabric feet are 7/8" wide and the leather feet are 3/8" wide.  big difference.  so, DOES ANYONE MAKE A NARROW SET OF FABRIC (SERRATED TOOTH) PRESSER FEET FOR A COBRA 4 /COWBOY / ETC 441 clone? 

thank you  dale

Sorry, I thought the very same and wondered a bit. What I thought was using a zipper foot setup, this would have one side or the other for pressure foot. Kinda like your present setup just a bit more foot and tooth on them. Possibly do some searchs on 441 juki  zipper feet, surely will drum up some mountable parts if not theres always your own custom setup or lastly grind some as mentioned.

With this production it might be a good option later after trying and figuring your best options, and hopefully with some affordable pieces. good luck

I will keep an eye looking for something 

Hey guys, I found a page full of presser feet made by Cowboysew-Hightex. Some are for the Juki 441 and its clones.

the only smaller foot for the 441 style machines that I am aware of is the welting/piping foot, as you will see in the chart that Wiz mentioned, otherwise we find people here in Australia buy a second blanket foot set and grind it down.

Good idea, I had that in mind for the future. With that tip I got this question, do you see any side more handy or just use more than the other.

Also great page link Wiz, I look at the main page a bit but never looked much farther? stuck on the dream choice machine I guess hehe

Thanks

Floyd

I imagine it depends on what side of the needle you are working on....  I used to sew on the right hand side of piping with a zipper foot, so got used to that.