Gregspitz

Hot stamp press from LW leatherworks

I ordered my Hot stamp arbor press from Calvin at LWLeatherworks a sponsor here. Anyone else have experience here?

thank you

No, but I just ordered a machine from Steve at Leather Machine Company.  Never ordered from there before, but he's a member here and I think a sponsor too, so I trust them. Just worried a little about such a heavy machine being shipped across the country.

I ordered my sewing machine from Chris at Keystone also, another member here and nothing but great things to say about him and his Mom.

If you're worried, I think I'd be more leery about buying something from someone with 1 post asking you to send payment as a gift through PayPal.

not worried. but the machine arrived and the heat supply box doesn't work so he is sending another one. He has been responsive and the stamps he made seem nice but I would like to see if anyone else has experience with this machine.

thanks 

Steve does a good job of getting you what you ordered. I had ordered a class 4 stitcher about 6 years ago that was supposed to come with all the bells and whistles. When it showed up it was missing the stirrup plate and the detachable work table. I had a little sour taste in my mouth and had forgotten about it until I ran into him at Wichita Falls a year or so ago. I brought it up to him and with no questions asked except "what's your address?" he shipped them at no charge to me. I can get on board with service like that. Thanks Steve for making it right and for putting out a good product.

On 4/21/2016 at 9:56 AM, Mike516 said:

No, but I just ordered a machine from Steve at Leather Machine Company.  Never ordered from there before, but he's a member here and I think a sponsor too, so I trust them. Just worried a little about such a heavy machine being shipped across the country.

I ordered my sewing machine from Chris at Keystone also, another member here and nothing but great things to say about him and his Mom.

If you're worried, I think I'd be more leery about buying something from someone with 1 post asking you to send payment as a gift through PayPal.

Ahhh so that is Chris's mother. Such a sweet lady. Just needs to call me back lol :)

On 4/25/2016 at 7:38 AM, JerseyFirefighter said:

Ahhh so that is Chris's mother. Such a sweet lady. Just needs to call me back lol :)

Chris is on here and I think he reads the sewing machine topics. But yea, that's his mother and she's great.

I had to call back a couple of times to ask stupid questions and to order a foot once, and they were really awesome about answering the questions and speaking to me about the foot I wanted.

But I wouldn't leave a message, I would keep calling until one of them answers the phone. Not a knock on them for not returning phone calls, but they are very busy and I've found that to be the best way to talk to them as opposed to waiting for a call back.

Otherwise, they do provide outstanding service and he took as long as we needed to explain the machine in store that we bought. They're good honest people in my opinion.

On 4/26/2016 at 7:13 PM, Mike516 said:

Chris is on here and I think he reads the sewing machine topics. But yea, that's his mother and she's great.

I had to call back a couple of times to ask stupid questions and to order a foot once, and they were really awesome about answering the questions and speaking to me about the foot I wanted.

But I wouldn't leave a message, I would keep calling until one of them answers the phone. Not a knock on them for not returning phone calls, but they are very busy and I've found that to be the best way to talk to them as opposed to waiting for a call back.

Otherwise, they do provide outstanding service and he took as long as we needed to explain the machine in store that we bought. They're good honest people in my opinion.

Agreed. Buying my machine was a great experience. Chris took the time to teach this greenhorn the whole machine from front to back. (like 2 hours) Just got a 10 pk of bobbins for my workhorse. Too many colors :)

21 hours ago, JerseyFirefighter said:

Agreed. Buying my machine was a great experience. Chris took the time to teach this greenhorn the whole machine from front to back. (like 2 hours) Just got a 10 pk of bobbins for my workhorse. Too many colors :)

Which one did you get? I got the Juki DNU1541S. Same thing with us, he explained it front to back and I have very little sewing experience.

8 hours ago, Mike516 said:

Which one did you get? I got the Juki DNU1541S. Same thing with us, he explained it front to back and I have very little sewing experience.

Ferdco Pro 2000. Same with me. I even brought a friend to help load it and he said he got a good education. Any luck maybe I can talk him into closing up his woodshop and becoming my apprentice :)

I brought my wife, who sews a little, with me for her opinion on it. She didn't help me load it at all, so it's a good thing Chris is a big dude.

I could use him for when my strap cutter gets here. I didn't consider how I'm going to get this 400 pound monstrosity in my basement at the time when I ordered it.