Hi everyone!  I am trying to get some information about a saddle that I have.  I got the saddle from a dear friend of mine, he actually is the one that taught me everything I know about horses and riding.  When he had to go live in a nursing home, I was given his horse and all of his tack.  The Floyd Lingle saddle is the saddle that he has been riding in for atleast the past 30 years, I'm nearly 36 and have known him since I was 6.  I grew up in Orlando, FL and spent many weekends with him on his horse farm.  So, for this saddle to be made in Kissimmee, FL makes sense.  I have been trying to find any information about this saddle and cannot come up with much of anything.  Can anyone give me some information?  I am including pictures of the saddle.  It does need to be cleaned, but I'm afraid to do anything to it, I would be heartbroken if anything happened to it.  It is extremely comfortable and very well made.  The stirrups that are on the saddle now are not the originals, however I took pictures of the originals.  Thanks for any info!

image_6.jpeg

image_7.jpeg

image_8.jpeg

image_9.jpeg

image_10.jpeg

image_11.jpeg

Sorry, I can't help you with who Floyd Lingle was. It does appear to be a well made, well used and probably well loved ranch saddle.

I particularly love the meandering spur tracks across the seat, that always had to come with a good story, haha.

Ha!  I can guarantee it was a great story knowing the man who owned this saddle!

I did find out a little bit about this saddle.  Floyd Lingle was a saddle maker in Central Florida.  I believe he passed away in the late 70's.  This saddle was called Little Wonder. Mr. Lingle worked with Monroe Veach as well.  I would love more info in anyone has any!   

Edited by fanov8

Any questions about saddle maker Floyd Lingle contact Doyle Conner at (850) 570-7433

Hi.  I rode every morning about 6:30 - 7:00 AM with Floyd Lingle at Buddy Barnett's barn and arena.  He and Buddy were the closest folks to a father I've ever had.  Does your saddle have his invention that lets your legs go anywhere you need for them to go?  He put those gizmos on my saddle as he was teaching me to ride like a true working cowboy.  We had the best time in the world.  I think I got to ride with Mr. Floyd like that for about 12 years.  He and Miss Pansy were wonderful.  She planted some tomato plants one day and that night, Ol' Stoop, Mr. Floyd's wonderful old horse (Who had been cutting horse champion a long time ago.) ate the tomato plants.  Miss Pansy was upset, and said,  "Either me or that &&^%^$%$ old horse has to go!"  "Well, Pansy, I'm sure gonna miss you," replied Mr. Floyd.  I had to go around the corner of the garage where he did his leather work, to laugh.  

Those two, Buddy and Mr. Floyd, decided I needed to ride bareback broncs in the Silver Spurs rodeo.  I didn't have any better sense than to agree.  Mr. Floyd made me a riggin' and we started with my mare.  She was a lovely AQHA Poco Bueno granddaughter.  She thought that was the best fun! She wasn't a very good teacher, however, since if I got out of balance, she'd shift herself so I didn't fall off.  Boy, I thought I was going to be a winner!  Buddy went to Oklahoma and brought back a trailer full of horses to sell.  They decided I need to buck them all out...and I did just fine til I came to a little bitty horse.  He sulled in the gate.  They decided he wasn't gonna buck, so gave me a bat for one hand and the reins for the other.  Buddy said, "Whap him back of your leg.  He'll move then."  

I did.    "Whap!" He threw back his head and knocked me colder than the coldest beer.  I came to and remember looking down on the little tree that grew outside the fence at the arena.  When I hit the ground, it took me about 2 - 3 minutes until I could breathe again.  Those two guys were a lot scareder than me...but I was ok, I thought.  I got up and we put a saddle on the little horse and I rode him a long time and he was going good.  

Ha.  The next morning I could not move.  I HURT.  I went to the ER and I had broken my pelvis.  I could stay in the hospital for six weeks in traction or I could go home and tough it out.  I chose to go home.  

If you want to talk about Mr. Floyd, just email bethscribble@aol.com  

Oh, the pelvis healed just fine.  I had bruised my right hip and Arthur moved in.  He destroyed my hip and I had to have it replaced.  He moved to the other hip and now I am the proud possessor of two titanium hips.  Every time I ache some, I think of that tiny little horse.

Floyd Lingle was a wonderful, kind man.  He and Buddy were so good to me.  

Oh, I'm Beth.  

"