Uwe

Fomax KDD 848H - what original is this machine based on?

I looked at a customer's Fomax KDD 848H machine today that needs repair (broken stitch dial mechanism). The machine was imported from Spain. I have a feeling the Fomax is a copy of some other major brand model but I'm striking out on Google and my other usual research sources. Does anybody recognise this design and/or know of a source for a parts diagram?

foto2928732.jpg

It has a distinctive stitch dial detail:

foto2928732c.jpg

The only machine I remember seeing with a screwed-on flange for the stitch length dial is the Juki DSC-245...not remotely the same type of machine, but it may share some other heritage further up some back street.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/WALKING-FOOT-JUKI-DSC-245-5-loaded-Cylinder-bed-Unison-feed-Lockstitch-/231146077776?hash=item35d1613e50:g:5sAAAOxyOMdS5q~2

-DC

Looks a lot like a Tacsew T111-155 I used to have. also, an Econosew I had too, by Feit.

The Tacsew is Canadian. Econosew (By Feit) is USA. Both machines had interchangeable parts.

Can't remember where they were actually manufactured, probably Japan. But I could be wrong.

Both machines had "M" sized bobbins, which was nice. Of the two, Tacsew was a higher quality.

Econosew was 2060AL (Auto Lube) The Tacsew was also Auto lube. They were okay quality, but I like my PFAFFs better.

By the way, Econosew and Tacsew call that a "locking stitch dial" if that helps. Consew has a similar machine,  the Consew P1206RB. Maybe the same stitch dial? Maybe?

Edited by suzelle

This machine clearly calls for the ten-foot-pole in my repair tool chest that I use NOT to touch certain machines with. 

I had come across the SewMaq twin of my mystery machine in a previous picture search. Unfortunately it also suffers from a total lack of manuals or parts diagrams. At least the sales flyer offers some basic specs of the machines.

Thanks for all of your input! I've decided to tell the guy who owns the FOMAX mystery machine that he's out of luck, at least outside of Spain.

Edited by Uwe