First I would like to thank you fine folks in advance, I have been scrolling through the forum looking for wisdom (of which I have found a multitude). I am a beginner to leather working, however I have set my goals high in that I want to make a suit of samurai armor in a  Darth Vader style. I have found very few patterns when it comes to this topic and have become even more boggled by the acronyms used on each pattern. I guess what I am looking for is any advice, websites or all around suggestions would be greatly appreciated! 

Thanks, 

Mitch

Not sure where to direct you for patterns but 1 thing you will need is a mold of yourself. Put on an old tshirt, have a friend wrap you in saran wrap and then duct tape. Then cut up both sides under your arms. Tape the mold back together and fill with something to keep it's shape. Then you have something to work on.

If it's for someone else, wrap them up

There are forums specific to leather armour and it will at least get you started. I would ad to Halitech's suggestion by adding that Plaster wrap though messy will give you an awesome form to work on and will last damn near forever.  I did one years ago and forgot to put anything under it and just had my wife apply the plaster wrap directly to my skin. Now gratefully I am from island stock and dont have a lot of body hair but the 5 chest hairs I did have made removing the plaster cast .... interesting!!  :blink:

http://www.dickblick.com/products/plaster-wrap/