Marshal Jamison

Cowboy action Wild Bunch Holster pattern

Hello all,

Does anyone have a pattern for a Cowboy action shooting Wild bunch Holster?

I am wanting to make my own instead of buying one. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you

Edited by Marshal Jamison

Thank you dannyd I will give that a try.

Marshall, there is no standard holster for Wild Bunch. The holsters I see range from WWI, WWII, and I have seen a buscadero type rig among others. About anything will work since you draw one time a stage and never re-holster on the clock. You might draw frowns if you wore a radical speed rig. Or a good flap holster will work also.

IMG_0539.JPG

William Grommley

Thank you Red Cent and Oppenheim. I found the 1911 pattern pack that I think will work.

The styles you see when searching for images vary greatly but there are few rules from the Wild Bunch competition handbook:

• Holsters, Cartridge Belts

Loose ammunition (i.e., ammunition not in magazines) must be carried in a SASS main match legal manner.

Holsters and Cartridge belts must be made of traditional materials, (e.g., canvas or leather).

No metal or plastic “competition” type equipment.

Holster must cover the entire length of the slide and barrel from the muzzle TO the ejection port. (ejection port need not be covered)

Magazine pouches must be worn on the opposite side of the body from the handgun. They may hold one or two magazines.

Magazine pouches must be worn vertical and conform to the shooter’s body. (i.e., not tilt out from the shooter’s body)

Looking forward to seeing what you come up with. I made this rig for messing around with my co2 1911 before I got my PB version. I intend to make a more "period' one for completion with real steel.

MO ISPC RIG close.jpg

MO ISPC RIG full.jpg

Thank you plinkercases,

I really like what you did I will post my final project once it is finished.

Just getting back into leather working I did some in junior high and high school.

Looking to maybe do it as a hobby and maybe make some extra money when I retire.

That is exactly my story. I messed with it a little in grade 7-8 the got back into it at first to make an Epipen case my kids would actually carry.. then one fro me.. then I found my old airgun and got the holster bug.... I now do it as a "Jobby" which is a hobby that sort of pays fro itself and do dream of the days when I can retire to it full time.

When I get time to do it, it is relaxing and rewarding and I always learn something new (i.e. make a mistake!).

This is a great forum and with some very supportive and experienced makers and I am glad I found it and glad you did too.