3 hours ago, JLSleather said:

Now THAT IS funny.  Little Dude next door just showed up, wants to know if I'll turn on the Wi-Fi.  When I asked 'what for' he says 'just like google n watch stuff' :rofl:

At age 5, he's already learned that y-tube (not a typo) is what you do when you don't really feel like doing anything.  Pool and trampoline not interesting at the moment, I guess?

That is funny ... remember when being punished meant your parents kept you in the house and didnt let you go outside?!?!?

and it was torture

I LOVE Youtube but the quality of YT videos, like that of any other internet content varies wildly. You have to sift through tons of videos to find a good one, but when you do it can be revelatory.

The thing I hate is when some dufus records a half hour video on the first time he did something. Please!

Michelle

40 minutes ago, silverwingit said:

when you do it can be revelatory.

The thing I hate is when some dufus records a half hour video on the first time he did something. Please!

Michelle

I think we's talkin bout the same thing here.  Well, hard to be sure less'n I wasta look up elevatory, or whatever. :whistle: 

But the "Please!" part do sound like me :blush:

On June 15, 2016 at 8:32 PM, JLSleather said:

I am, however, not "ANTI-video".. I just like it to SAY something beyond... hey-I-can-make-a-video-take-all-day-and-say-nothing-new ;)

This one, about a year old, was done to make a few simple points, PLUS amuse my friend Robert ( mecopocketholsters.com ).  In under 10 minutes, you can learn that :

• You can sew 2 layers of 8/9 leather
  • You could use 277 / 207 thread with #24 needle combo
  • You may opt to stitch after gluing and trimming the parts
  • You can stitch natural leather and natural thread, and dye together later
  • You may also carve and/or color before stitching
  • Jeff doesn’t like more holes in the leather than necessary
  • Not critical where you start, when stitching full circle
  • You can stitch a small pancake holster in about 9 minutes with an operator who talks too much (prolly half that without the gabbin')

And this much is learned in a few minutes from an unplanned video in a corner somewhere....

Jeff, did you know Robert died a few months back?

Yeah.  September. His son Tim is running the place down there.  I miss that guy.  

Man, we used to laugh at some of those videos.  One genius showed up one day, posting all over the internet about how he just LOVES LOVES LOVES making belts.  He just EATS n SLEEPS gun belts.  Well, okay... whatever.  But in one of his NUMEROUS videos, the guy is gabbin' along -- hey,I did try to give the guy a chance and at least check it out -- holding up a plain lined belt, each end like he got a snake to keep it straight.  And he wipes his nose on the back of his hand.. then goes back to handling the belt.  The one he just told us was for his "valued customer".  Yikes.  Me 'n' Robert had a laugh... Maybe that guy get a web site - boogerbelts.com  

I don't know if the guy even realized how pathetic that looked (didn't edit it out, so ...).  But, if he hadn't been uploading (regularly) multiple long-winded videos ... then when I eventually saw his actual web site I would not have been disgusted and offended.  I mean, what was he saying, really, with plain belt, glue lining, row of stitching, plain belt, glue lining, row of stitching, plain belt, glue lining, row of stitching,...

Edited by JLSleather

On 6/11/2016 at 3:57 PM, JLSleather said:

Maybe a little clearer without the sketches?  Still a very simple project... Due to the addition of photos, I'm increasing the cost 30% (bringing the total to $0).  Anyone not comfortable with the absence of video is free to not download if preferred ;)

card_hor03.pdf

Yikes.  Forgot to put this up on the site!  Fixing today ...

On 6/15/2016 at 3:58 AM, Jackmitch said:

I just went through OP's site and downloaded all of the pattern templates (except holsters). I'm new and they are perfect for much needed practice. Any other sites you guys know about that provide simple to follow instructions like JLSleather?

Hey, not my question, but a GOOD one!