jrmysell

Tooling Stamps

I make knives and make the sheaths with them, and so far have just left them plain, except for a stamp in the middle and maybe the persons last name stamped into it, but I want to start making much nicer looking sheaths by doing full stamping (basket weave/tri weave and border) and tooling. I plan on getting a good swivel knife, probably from Barry King unless y'all have a better recommendation, but would this set work for starting out and then upgrade as I need, or should I just buy them individually, or is there a better set that I should get? I don't want to spend too much on these stamps yet, as most of my money is going into woods and steel for the knives. Thanks for the help! http://www.ebay.com/itm/271966361674?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Cant argue with that price. You will learn a lot using that set, and as you get better, You can upgrade to nicer tools. Yeah, I would jump on that if you are learning.

I have 2 of these cheap and chearfull sets.    The quality can vary quite a lot, and they have a tendency to bend over long use.   But saying that, they do the job, and let you try out the shapes, and work out which ones you will use most without paying out a lot of money. 

You can then just upgrade to the better quality stamps you know will used.

Thanks everybody! I went ahead and ordered it. I plan on getting a Barry King basket weave too as I plan on using it pretty often. I have heard with the basket weave, it's much easier to do consistent work with a nicer tool.