Lissette

Eco Flo Bottles having trouble opening and closing

Does anyone else have this problem! These bottles are so hard to open sometimes....Any tricks I should learn, anyone? 

Edited by Lissette
Spelling

Best of all is wash out any in lid before reapplication and wipe clean outside of thread on bottle.

It's not just you! I went to open one of my jars and the safety lock thing was completely busted. My partner and I had to tag team it: she sliced the jar open with an x-acto blade and I caught the dye in a glass spice jar.

I like Eco Flo, but all their containers the past few years have made me really hate working with them. I'm thinking about finding an alternative storage solution to decant them into, I just don't know what yet!

With my Eco-flo, I just open the bottle up and pour it into a canning jar, then slap a label on the jar and lid, I've also used old salsa jars that were thoroughly cleaned out. The wide mouth on the jar makes it easy to get a brush, dauber or sponge into the dye. If I need to get a smaller amount out (to mix or for some other use), I use a pipette or turkey baster.