Sign in to follow this  
MADMAX22

Bonded poly

Question for those that have used both bonded poly and bonded nylon. I just received my first order of bonded poly to use on some motorcycle seats, I have always used the bonded nylon in my machines.

Are you suppose to be able to untwist the bonded poly easily? I know with the nylon Ive got ya have a pretty hard time untwisting the individual threads, this poly I got ya just have to backtwist with your fingers and it unravels.

Thanks for your input.

Think I found the answer, the website I placed my order thru says bonded poly, the thread I received is "soft" poly. So much for the money spent for 2 day shipping and needing it for a project I gotta finish this weekend.

I've never seen it "come apart" like you describe (doesn't sound very "bonded").  It IS different, though.. generally requires a change in top thread tension going from nylon to poly (or back).

39 minutes ago, JLSleather said:

I've never seen it "come apart" like you describe (doesn't sound very "bonded").  It IS different, though.. generally requires a change in top thread tension going from nylon to poly (or back).

I got it somewhat figured out. The website has "bonded" in the selection description but what they really mean is "soft" or unbonded which shows up on the invoice after you have placed your order (if using PP). 

"Just return the thread for a full refund for the price of the thread", so basically I am going to be out $70 for a $120 order because there website isnt updated properly. Sounds legit. Live and learn I guess.