OH>. yer talkin' about a dropped rig, and skirt holsters.  See, now that I'd just go on cut with m' trusty knife.  I do cut those on a bit of a curve, just don't git obsessed about what the curve is :whistle:

Last time I made something like that, I sent a bill that made it not really important if I wasted a little cowhide :blush:

That's purdy.. just one question -- whatdya cut the tie downs from?  Same hide?  Latigo? 

Nice rig.

"How you finish them edges, Red?  Without actually holding one, I've always thought your rigs look good 'n' solid (in a impressive way).  So you DO use the acrylic, or no? "

I don't use any "edge" coating products. I spend too much time on the edges. I cut, sand edges square, bevel, then sand to round the edges. Very lightly coat edges with water, motor burnish (glass finish), dye (Fiebings dye) the edges, burnish again before dye is totally dry. Wipe on bar of glycerin, burnish and wipe edges thoroughly with old towel. Lightly rub on 50/50 beeswax and paraffin and burnish. Wipe edges with old towel until all color comes off om towel. Then M&P everything. This takes two or more days.

Thanks, Josh... never thought o' that cuz I never got no chap leather ;)

RED -- I gotta git me summa that there glycerin.  Can't remember using any, truth is.  But when I asked bout yer edge finishin', I meant due to the suede liner.  

Oh.

I do the belt as stated. I glue on the suede liner and using a utility knife, I carefully trim the excess holding the knife at a right angle to the belt. Then using the burnishing motor, I chuck in a sanding wheel. One wants the belt edge a 45 degree to the sanding wheel and a slight non-parallel hold so that the wheel (from the right side, mine turns counterclockwise and the belt is held under the sanding wheel) abrades the suede off the belt and the non parallel hold will keep the wheel from bunching up the suede. At first, the edge of the suede is a white line that goes away when you brush it.

Steady as she goes.

I have two different issues going on... lots more really, but I'll stick to those that pertain to this. I really gained a few pounds over the last few years, and made the belt at those measurements. Then I lost a lot, including my butt apparently. This belt falls off, like the opening of The Monkees. But it is also the way it fits that doesn't feel or look quite right. The belt stands straight, with no hugging at all. So thanks Dwight, I will do the next belt on a curve.

On 8/10/2016 at 0:05 PM, Red Cent said:

using a utility knife, I carefully trim the excess holding the knife at a right angle to the belt. Then using the burnishing motor, I chuck in a sanding wheel. One wants the belt edge a 45 degree to the sanding wheel and a slight non-parallel hold so that the wheel (from the right side, mine turns counterclockwise and the belt is held under the sanding wheel) abrades the suede off the belt and the non parallel hold will keep the wheel from bunching up the suede. At first, the edge of the suede is a white line that goes away when you brush it.

Steady as she goes.

Understood --- 'preciate ya!