Tinbender

Poppin' out some holsters

I am having a blast filling orders for custom holsters! I am going on a blue gun buying rampage. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

20160810_212141.jpg

Do you have any tricks you can share for keeping the definition in your basket weave pattern when you form the holster? Yours look great. Mine tend to lose definition when I make the fold. Do you wet form after stamping at all?

I would say that the most important thing to do is to make sure that tou have "slicked" the leather before you tool. Get your leather wet for casing, and immediately rub the leather with a hardwood rubbing stick or glass slicker. And then make sure you are getting a good deep impression while your leather is cased properly. Try to take the stretch out before you try ro form it, it will make a better looking product. Thanks for the compliment and i hope this helps. 

Love these holsters. The basket weave border holster looks insanely hard.

Very nice!  Do you get a lot of orders for cross draw holsters? 

Not very often. This order was orignally going to just be one, and then three more customers jumped once the saw the first. I have since had a request for a matching "back draw" from one of these customers.