Been doing mainly coffee sleeves lately so this was a nice change of pace. Local businessman approached me a few days ago and he wanted a phone case for his Sonim XP7 phone. For those that don't know, the XP7 is a military grade phone designed to withstand a tank running over it lol

The customer is stucco and stone installer so he needed a case that was tough and would protect his phone. He also wanted a pocket for carrying 3x5 index cards. This is what I came up with. All constructed with 9oz veg tanned leather except the liner covering the snap on the inside. Hand stitching 27oz of leather was not fun but I managed to do it.

20160827_144211a.jpg

20160827_144237a.jpg

20160827_144247a.jpg

Edited by Halitech

Thanks kiwi. The back stitches aren't as nice as I'd have liked but 1/2" of leather is a bugger to get through, especially when you can't lay it flat due to the belt loop

yeah i bet. looks solidly built

I won't say it's up to the military standards like the phone is but it will probably outlast the guy that bought it