Made in Germany
5213-01
140/22
7x3
794R
DYX3
150   10   SET. R

The needles are marked Singer 140/22.

Just out of curiosity: Why would Pfaff have rebranded Singer-needles in system 794? I have never heard of Pfaff having sold a heavy stitcher like the Juki 441 or Singer 7.

Has anybody here heard of a Pfaff heavy stitcher?

Greets

Ralf C.

(before somebody asks: @ 15 Euros including postage I just couldn't let them pass, they fit my Adler 5 after all.)

Pfaff sold machines of other brands (like Adler 5, Class 30...) under PFAFF INDUSTRUIA. I think I somewhere have seen a Adler Class 20 branded with PFAFF INDUSTRIA and I think they also build custom machines, maybe some of them needed 794 needles. Or maybe they just wanted to fill a gap in their needle range.

Or perhaps pfaff contracted out and made them for singer, and they were meant to be repackaged and sold as singer certified parts or something.

Pfaff cl. 27 and 28 drop feed cylinder bed with barrel shuttle. Looks to be something a bit lighter than the Adler cl. 5 (Singer 45K). I do not know what needle system they use, might have been similar to the Adler cl 5 (328) Or perhaps something in the same range of the Singer cl 17. They  look a bit like the last, but has described to have a barrel shuttle. The Singer have a shuttle, but not a barrel shuttle. It if those needles fit your Adler cl. 5, they cannot be similar to the 794 system the 441 use. They are way to long for a class 5 machine.  

Naaa, I've been messing with the machine: Footbar up, needlebar up, needleclamp down - >just works out. Wouldn't try to make a holster of 20 mm hard weg tan with a size 120 needle, but it  might be interesting for big quilting projects or fiddling with large and heavy projects that are just difficult to maneuvre under the needle. My main interest are folding kayaks, and once a 50+ years old skin has become hard and stiff additional space to maneuvre to the repair spot is appreciated.

Greets

Ralf C.

What subclass are you Adler 5. If been sewing 16 mm thick leather with my old 5-27, it has a spring loaded jump foot and bottom feed. It preform pretty good on leather (it's built for leather work). You do not need that much foot pressure with this jumpfoot, it follows the material backwards and takes the pressure off the feed dog. (less marks underneath the leather compared to a regular bottom feed system). I also have a complete original saddlers attachment pack for it, with presser feets and needle plates etc.. It's a very good machine, I keep it as a backup machine it's still in new condition. I also like the old 328 needle system, it produce much less heat compared the longer 794. The needle on my 441 can be hot enough to melt thread sometimes, it need to use lubricant to cool it down on long runs.  

Once I'm back home I'll go find a picture of the old Pfaff the Bailey saddlery uses. It uses such a large needle. Don't remember the model but it's definitely a Pfaff and older than I am.

4 minutes ago, Thor said:

Once I'm back home I'll go find a picture of the old Pfaff the Bailey saddlery uses. It uses such a large needle. Don't remember the model but it's definitely a Pfaff and older than I am.

You can see how the Pfaff cl. 27 and 28 looks like in Sieck.de web site. Go too category "arm machines" (English language), to compare to the one you are talking about.

17 minutes ago, Thor said:

I looked true is FB site and saw four machines in his workshop. a Pearson harness stitcher (or simmilar), a Adler 205-64, a Tipperman Boss and a old Singer 29K. No picts of the Pfaff, I look forwards to see that machine.

Tor

2 hours ago, Trox said:

I looked true is FB site and saw four machines in his workshop. a Pearson harness stitcher (or simmilar), a Adler 205-64, a Tipperman Boss and a old Singer 29K. No picts of the Pfaff, I look forwards to see that machine.

Tor

Don't know where you get this Pearson from, but you're maybe right and I have no clue what machine I was working on. I doubt Todd would use the patcher in his shop. Instead of just looking at pjctures, reading might help at times. He's selling 3 Singer patchers. BTW this is not even half of his shop you see in the pictures. Currently I'm in Scotland and will look up my pictures next week.