superpacker

Double Loop Stitch - How?

Can someone please explain to me how to do this loop stitch used on unlined watch straps? Or at least tell me the name of it? Obviously I know how to do the loops but how do you lock it off or back stitch something with one hole? Could only find where one other post has been made about this stitch, but don't feel like the question really got answered. 

Sorry. I thought I had in the op. Here's an example. In the only other post I've seen about this stitch, the only answer some one offered was to guess that perhaps the loose ends are tucked under a lining. But I don't believe that is the case as this stitch usually appears on unlined straps

image.jpeg

There is usually a knot hidden between the layers of leather. Nigel Armitage has a video of doing a similar thing. Watch at 10:30, it will give you ideas.

That makes sense. Thanks! However, on these straps, the keeper loops are similarly finished with what appears to be a single stitch, and those shouldn't be layered.

Perhaps indeed! I do think Nigel's method in the video you posted could very well work for the main stitches, bc even if the watch band isn't lined or double layered, there is still at least a few cm that are skived and folded over, hence the need for the stitch in the first place.