Sign in to follow this  
AussieMade

First Market Stall

My sons Daycare Centre is having a twilight market stall and they have given parents first dibs on stall. I have decided to try my luck and sell a few items. 

My main items I make are Belts, Collars, leads.

My question is..... How many belts, collars etc. should I make to be able to sell. I'm pretty sure I will be the only one there with a leather craft stall. 

The stall is only for 3hrs so I'm guessing I don't want to over stock and not be able to sell what I make. My only overheads will be the liability insurance for the day, material costs and my own labour.

I'm thinking about 5x Mens, 5x Ladies and 10x Childs belts (5x boys & 5x girls) as just a plain stitched and riveted belts in 3 colours.

And 2x fancier belts each, with bigger buckles, more stitching etc, and maybe a bag or two as well if I can master my trial one I'm making. 

Would this be enough? as I can do made to order as well after the market.

Thanks in advanced.

Damien

What is the expected traffic count?

If you use snaps instead of rivets you can give them choice of buckle, assuming you stock more than one style.

If you don't stitch them, you can cut to size and punch your holes (billet end) on the spot. 

Have a few stitched belts on hand to display for custom order.

10 hours ago, Roq said:

What is the expected traffic count?

If you use snaps instead of rivets you can give them choice of buckle, assuming you stock more than one style.

If you don't stitch them, you can cut to size and punch your holes (billet end) on the spot. 

Have a few stitched belts on hand to display for custom order.

- Traffic count can vary, The last open day they had approx 2500+ visitors, but that was a 3/4 day Open Day with stalls. So possibly expecting maybe half of that 1000-2000 maybe?

- I was thinking snaps or Chicago Screws. I will probably have about 10 different buckles as well as different sizes of buckles (25/32/38/50mm) & belt strap on hand. 

- Yeah was going to punch on site if required as well as have a selection of pre-punched standard sizes made up.

- I was thinking to have a selection on stitched only and stitched and stamped belts and collars in stock, but only a small amount to showcase what I can do, the rest can be made to order after the market.

This is one of my latest I have made up for a customer.

IMG_9268.JPG